Burt’s Bees Shampoo Pomegranate 12 ounce  » Health  »
2.5
  • I use my heavier conditioners with this shampoo so that my hair is getting the best combination of benefits
  • I like the fact that the product is natural and contains healthy ingredients, but I have to judge it by the eventual outcome, and after using it for a couple of weeks, my hair just wasn’t looking as good as it had been with the mainstream brands I’d been using before
  • It seemed a bit flat and heavy, and I found myself using more styling products to try and give it life and volume
  • While I still love Burt’s Bees and still use many of their products, this is one that I was a bit disappointed in
  • I think normal to oily hair might benefit more from this formula

• by reviewabit

I have long been a fan of Burt’s Bees products and I recently decided to try one of their shampoos. I was attracted to it because it contains some ingredients that I have not seen in other shampoos. It has soy amino acids, moringa seed extract (which I have never even heard of) and various anti oxidants.

I have mixed feelings about the product. It smells very nice, which is a must if it’s going into my hair.

It is a thin

formula, and when I pour it, it is hard to keep from wasting some as it pours so quickly. I usually pour it straight onto my head so that my hair can “catch” some of it before it drips away.

Because it is a natural product and does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate, which is the ingredient that makes most commercial shampoos foam, this shampoo does not lather well at all. It still does a great job of cleaning though.

In fact, maybe too good. I have found my hair a bit dry after using it so I always use it with conditioner.

I use my heavier conditioners with this shampoo so that my hair is getting the best combination of benefits. I’m sure the anti oxidants are good for my scalp, but the effect of the shampoo on my hair is not that impressive.

I like the fact that the product is natural and contains healthy ingredients, but I have to judge it by the eventual ...

• Burt's Bees Shampoo  Pomegranate 12 ounce
      outcome, and after using it for a couple of weeks, my hair just wasn’t looking as good as it had been with the mainstream brands I’d been using before. It seemed a bit flat and heavy, and I found myself using more styling products to try and give it life and volume.

When I switched back to my old shampoo, my hair almost instantly looked and behaved better. While I still love Burt’s Bees and still use many of their products, this is one

that I was a bit disappointed in.

Perhaps it is better for someone with a different hair type and it just wasn’t right for mine. My hair is thinning, over processed and colored.

I think normal to oily hair might benefit more from this formula. But for me, its best point was its fragrance.

Ironically, the product states that it can transform lifeless, dull hair into soft shiny hair with lots of volume. It actually seemed to do just the opposite for my hair.

Roma Vandemark says :

re : I use my heavier conditioners with this shampoo so that my hair is getting the best combination of benefits
Shouldnt have to use a heavier conditioner.

Roma Vandemark says :

re : I like the fact that the product is natural and contains healthy ingredients, but I have to judge it by the eventual outcome, and after using it for a couple of weeks, my hair just wasn’t looking as good as it had been with the mainstream brands I’d been using before
I agree. If you are trying to make up for the shampoo,something is wrong.

Roma Vandemark says :

re : While I still love Burt’s Bees and still use many of their products, this is one that I was a bit disappointed in
Most of the products are amazing.

Roma Vandemark says :

re : I think normal to oily hair might benefit more from this formula
If you need to use heavier conditioner for your hair, i would suggest this item for more of a daily use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419111333951130/k2311a1119/11.19.10