Dragon Air  » Airlines  »
  • I thought at first it was like another budget airlines joining the league of Cebu Pacific, Tiger Airways, Air Asia but this airline is a subsidy of Cathay Pacific
  • I recalled one experience before when my travel agent prepared a trip for me and she gave me this airline
  • I paid 5,800 HKD for round trip coach accommodation
  • The first thing I like inside the cabin is the leg room
  • As regards the cabin crew, I also have no problem with them

• by ibizaspain

On my way to Beijing from Hong Kong, I took Dragon Air. I thought at first it was like another budget airlines joining the league of Cebu Pacific, Tiger Airways, Air Asia but this airline is a subsidy of Cathay Pacific. I recalled one experience before when my travel agent prepared a trip for me and she gave me this airline. I specifically requested to have it changed to Cathay Pacific because I was skeptical with it. Now when I was in Hong Kong one time and I needed to go to Beijing, I only have this as my option. I read the profile of the company and found out that this is owned by Cathay Pacific. But unlike its

parent company, Dragon Air is limited to nearby countries. Its hub is also in Hong Kong International Airport. The fleet of this airline are all Airbus.

One of the perks you get from this airline is the sophisticated lounge. It will really be satisfying if your flight is from Hong Kong because you can use Cathay Pacific lounge. The lounge is newly renovated. Cathay Pacific’s lounge is always refurbished and it never experienced any incidents of deterioration. Thus the major benefit of this airline is to be able to enjoy the perks of a Cathay Pacific passengers. This is only true though if you are leaving from Hong Kong. The lounge they have in Manila is the one from Philippine Airlines. When you are leaving in a separate country, you will be using the lounge of their “code-share” airlines.

I have some complaints about the prices of this airline. Since it flies on short-haul flights, I was expecting this is cheaper compared to Cathay Pacific. I paid 5,800 HKD for round trip coach accommodation. There is no difference in terms of price.

I really like the cabin. What I really like about Cathay Pacific is the cleanliness of its cabin, it is like going inside your centralized air-conditioned living room with beautiful sofas and complete entertainment facility. Its parent company used green as its accent for the cabin while this airline used red. The first thing I ...

•  Dragon Air
      like inside the cabin is the leg room. It is unusually wide. I have long legs and I can still stretch it just right. The seats have comfortable headrest and side covers although does not entirely afford privacy in coach but it gives you less disturbance especially if you are reading or watching movies. The seats have also wide space. The only thing I can say about their seat is that I hope they can make it higher. I felt it was low compared to Cathay Pacific.

The food is not different from Cathay Pacific although there are really no large meals because of the distance of your destination. The food were traditionally Chinese but there were lots of

choices to choose. The thing to expect is that the food served are mostly snacks if your flight is not within the time for lunch or dinner. The overall quality of the food though was very good.

As regards the cabin crew, I also have no problem with them. They were smiling, kind and professional. It was really a great experience dealing with them.

If you are a frequent Cathay Pacific flyer, there is nothing much to expect from this airline. The same excellence that the parent company has offered. Dragon Air is just another name for it. In my experience I did not even see any inferior qualities of this airline. Even the price is very close to Cathay’s.

Dragon Air

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4019111333851030/k2311a1119/11.19.10