Adesso Notebook Mini Laser USB Scroll Mouse  » Electronics  »
1.5
  • I very much liked the sensitivity and accuracy that the mouse provided, but there were problems that I had with the mouse that made my experience using it too frustrating and problematic
  • This perplexed me as I didn't know why it was doing this and the help documentation didn't address the issue
  • I think that contributed to the cord's firmness
  • Unfortunately, the mouse's detection and tracking capabilities are hampered by its poor gliding surface, issues where the laser doesn't interpret movement properly and a heavy, burdensome USB cable that prohibits free, easy movement
  • For those reasons, I believe a 3 rating is appropriate considering how aggravating it could be to operate this mouse

• by CirclingCanvas

The Adesso Notebook Mini Laser USB Scroll Mouse is one of several next generation optical mice electronic devices that makes use of laser technology to deliver more accurate and sensitive control while operating a notebook with a mouse. In this respect, this mouse excels. It tracks one’s movements very effectively and it’s always responsive with no sticking or lagging issues that more traditional mice devices can sometimes develop if not properly cleaned and maintained, and sometimes still exhibit even with the proper care. For nearly twenty dollars though, this mouse had far too many design issues that bothered me for me to keep using it. I very much liked the sensitivity and accuracy that the mouse provided, but there were problems that I had with the mouse that made my experience using it too frustrating and problematic.

Although the accuracy

and sensitivity of this mouse are both sharp, the mouse itself was hard to control. I couldn’t move the mouse as smoothly and easily as traditional mice devices. It would take an unusual amount of effort just to move the mouse and it just didn’t slide well, regardless of what mouse pad I tried. This made operating the mouse a hassle and more time-consuming than it should have been. When I was able to get the mouse to move, as I said, the mouse very efficiently and precisely registered the movements on screen. Too bad the mouse was difficult to move around on the mouse pad, otherwise the mouse would be a dream to operate.

Picking the mouse up or accidentally knocking it off the mouse pad seemed to result in problems with the laser. There would be a ...

• drastic drop in accuracy and sensitivity unless I disconnected the mouse from the USB port and reconnected it. This perplexed me as I didn’t know why it was doing this and the help documentation didn’t address the issue. Maybe I just had a faulty mouse and that’s how it can be explained, I don’t really know. It was a bothersome issue though when it did arise, which wasn’t at all often since there usually wasn’t a need for me to pick up the mouse and I usually was careful enough not to bump it and knock it off the mouse pad.

Another issue that I had with this mouse that I didn’t like was how operating the mouse was sometimes negatively hampered by the firmness of the cord that connected the mouse to the USB port. The cord wasn’t very

flexible and this made moving the mouse difficult and restrictive at times. Plus, for some reason, the USB cord was awful thick. I think that contributed to the cord’s firmness. The thick cord was a bit unsightly too, in addition to weighing the mouse down and causing movement issues.

The Adesso Notebook Mini Laser USB Scroll Mouse has one real strong point, and that point is it’s ability to very accurately register movement, no matter how minor. Unfortunately, the mouse’s detection and tracking capabilities are hampered by its poor gliding surface, issues where the laser doesn’t interpret movement properly and a heavy, burdensome USB cable that prohibits free, easy movement. The mouse had potential, but some design flaws left that potential unrealized. For those reasons, I believe a “3″ rating is appropriate considering how aggravating it could be to operate this mouse.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1619111333761030/k2311a1119/11.19.10