Quarantine, movie
  • It begins with the documentary of a local firehouse and spirals into a moody and horrifying experience
  • What I enjoyed most about this film is that it was something I hadn’t seen before
  • One of the best things about this film is that the locked down area keeps the creatures where the belong, off the main screen
  • I would recommend this film to anyone who is a fan of the genre

• by Ryan Carter

Quarantine” is one of the better horror movies that I have seen as of late. It manages to mix all the right elements, a good story, moderate violence, good acting, and a great setting that results in an excellent film. It begins with the documentary of a local firehouse and spirals into a moody and horrifying experience.

What I enjoyed most about this film is that it was something I hadn’t seen

before. I’m used the hack and slash movies set in small towns, and this film was the exact opposite. Instead of a quiet neighborhood, it’s set in a packed apartment building in the city. Instead of clueless teenagers, we have a smart reporter, her crew and a engine crew of fireman.

This was a terrific film that was only complemented by the setting. Once locked down inside of the apartment building things ...

• go from bad to worse, and the acting of the lead characters made me feel for them in their predicament. One of the best things about this film is that the locked down area keeps the creatures where the belong, off the main screen. It created a eeriness that is still resonating with me. This is how horror movies should be done.

While this movie might not warrant too many re-watches, it

does well on the first time through. There were plenty of ‘jump’ moments, but it also instills an overall fear that makes it easier to get lost in the film. I would recommend this film to anyone who is a fan of the genre. But, people should be warned, it is a violent film, has a good bit of language, and therefore, it may not be suitable for a younger audience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119111333441030/k2311a1119/11.19.10