Biotene Dry Mouth Mouthwash, 33.8 ounce
  • Happily, as I read the label, I learned that it is alcohol free, and alcohol free rinses tend to be much more tolerable to me
  • One thing I have noticed is that it may slightly alter your sense of taste, but temporarily
  • I am quite impressed with this product and I would recommend it to anyone dealing with the irritation of dry mouth

• by reviewabit

When I began having trouble with dry eyes and dry mouth, due to either diabetes or possible Sjogren’s (undiagnosed) my doctor recommended I use Biotene for dry mouth. I am very sensitive to strong mint mouthwashes and other oral products so this was my primary concern about using this product on a daily basis. Happily, as I read the label, I learned that it is alcohol free, and alcohol free rinses tend to be much more tolerable to me.

It is a bit expensive for a mouthwash, but I see it more as a medicinal item than a simple oral hygiene product like Scope or similar brands. I started using this

and could tell a difference almost immediately.

My mouth and throat were less dry on the first night after I used it. Before, I was waking up frequently and finding my inner lips literally stuck to my teeth– it does not happen when I use this rinse! It has a gentle mint taste.

It’s not enough to irritate, yet it is enough to make your mouth feel clean and refreshed. It reportedly works with some sort of enzyme action which I don’t really fully understand but obviously it works, at least for my mouth.

It is a large bottle that you get for the price, and I feel it is worth it for the ...

• benefit it provides. I normally just use it once in the morning and once before bed when I am having episodes of dry mouth.

I do not find it necessary to use it all year, and my doctor agreed it was more economical to just use it when I needed it. Since I have had several episodes over the past couple of years, I can say that I am certain it does work and was not a “fluke” the first time.

Every time I have needed a little help, when I start using it, my dry mouth improves and so does the bad breath that goes along with it. It doesn’t just

relieve you a little right after you use it, it actually seems to help all day long, especially after you have used it for several days in a row.

One thing I have noticed is that it may slightly alter your sense of taste, but temporarily. If I use it before eating breakfast, there is a slight bitterness to my food.

However, unlike some mouth rinse products that cause this side effect, it does not seem to last all day and stops permanently on the same way once you stop using the mouthwash. I am quite impressed with this product and I would recommend it to anyone dealing with the irritation of dry mouth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419111333260930/k2311a1119/11.19.10