Spectra Hello Kitty Stereo CD boom box player  » Electronics  »
  • The reason why I chose this player was because I wanted something simple and plus it didn’t cost me that much
  • I think I was able to get this boom box for around $40, which wasn’t bad for a boom box I guess

• by Giniaslim

There came a time where I refused to buy my daughter a boom box. There was no reason for my to scream up the stairs and tell her to turn that crap down but I finally gave in to the idea of letting her have one. I find that she loved music (which isn’t a surprise) and that maybe it would be good for her to have her own little world of music. I wasn’t going to get her something that was too much so I opted to get her a simple hello kitty stereo CD boom box player. The reason why I chose this player was because I wanted something simple and plus it didn’t cost me that much. I think I was able to get this boom box for around $40,

which wasn’t bad for a boom box I guess. I think I was paying more for the name of the boom box and not the functionality of the boom box.

For the most part she loved it and I did as well. It was small enough for her to carry from one place to another and it allowed her to listen to her favorite music. It received radio stations very well might I add. I never heard her scream about not being able to get radio stations. So I assume the antenna worked pretty well. It played CD’s very well as well. I was surprised to know that she was able to play burnt CDs (how ironic) It comes with a great navigational system that helps her move from one feature to another. The ...

• front panel ahs buttons on it that allows her to switch between CD mode and radio mode. At first it was a bit confusing which was what she kept talking about. But once she learned how to use them properly. She was good to go.

There is also a tape player on this boom box which she doesn’t use anymore. She tried using it but for some odd reason it didn’t play the tapes well. It would eat at the tape and the tape would get all mixed up in the player to the point where the tape wasn’t even listenable anymore. That was the downside to having this boom box. Not everything worked the way that it should have worked. So lets talk about the playback and the speakers. This was the ugly

part of the boom box. It was the main reason why I said I would never buy another boom box again. The speakers are horrible. For a young “tween“, loud music is a form of expressing themselves. She wanted to be able to blast her boom box, for which she can’t because the speakers are horrible. I personally am happy that they don’t work as well as she wanted them to because I didn’t want to have to deal with all that loud music. But distortion is a definite when playing music on this boom box. There is no way to get past that. The speakers are horribly made. Other than that I think that this boom box is great, my daughter loves it and that’s truly all that matters. Now, lets just see how long it lasts!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1619111332680830/k2311a1119/11.19.10