Sunshine Sandwiches Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • These cookies have a refreshing taste of lemon yet a creamy texture of a cookie and are just so delectable I know it will be a favorite of mine
  • What I love about this recipe is that it is so original and has the perfect amount of lemon and sugary frosting flavor for my liking

• by Susanna Frank

The recipe for Sunshine Cookies (from the Kids Cake Mix Fun and More book) was so easy to whip up and gave an explosive taste of goodness with every bite! These cookies have a refreshing taste of lemon yet a creamy texture of a cookie and are just so delectable I know it will be a favorite of mine.

How you make these cookies is by: 1/3 cup coarse or granulated sugar ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided 1 egg 2 tabelspoons grated lemon peel 1 package (18 ¼ ounces) lemon cake mix with pudding in the

mix ¼ cup yellow cornmeal 2 cups sifted powdered sugar 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice Yellow food coloring

1. You preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place the sugar in a bowl. Then you beat the butter a bowl with a mixer until it looks fluffy. You add your egg and lemon peel and beat that into the butter. Then add the cake mix but only 1/3 cups at a time until all of the cake mix is combined with the previous ingredients. Then you stir in your cornmeal.

2. Take the dough and shape it into 1 inch balls to then ...

• be rolled into the sugar, place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and stick them in the oven for 8 to 9 minutes.

3. Cool the cookies after baking and beat the powdered sugar and the remaining amount of butter in a bowl until it’s blended. Slowly add the lemon juice until the substance is spreadable, stir in the food coloring of the desired yellow shade and then spread the substance on the bottom of one coolie and top it with another cookie so you have what looks like a sandwich.

What I love about this recipe is that it is so

original and has the perfect amount of lemon and sugary frosting flavor for my liking. Also, these cookies are good with anything! They are perfect with a cup of coffee, or a glass of milk or even a cup of brewing hot tea. This is also something that does not require a lot of ingredients that I will need to search for in the store or that I don’t already have in my pantry or refrigerator. The time it takes to make this cookie fits perfectly with my schedule so that I have enjoy good tasting desserts during my busy schedule that I can share with my friends and family. Hope you enjoy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4918111332601030/k2311a1118/11.18.10