Frito Lay’s Grandma’s Homestyle Oatmeal Raisin  » Food  »
  • I love oatmeal raisin cookies and was excited to try this one
  • It looked very tempting on the package that you would really expect something outstanding but I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the actual product
  • As a whole, I was not so impressed with the cookie because I have tasted better oatmeal cookies

• by TheCity

I love oatmeal raisin cookies and was excited to try this one. Frito-Lay’s Grandma’s Homestyle Oatmeal cookie came in a two-piece pack. It looked very tempting on the package that you would really expect something outstanding but I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the actual product.

To give it credit, it did have a lot of oatmeal bits in it, which is important to me in

an oatmeal cookie because I love feeling the texture of the oatmeal bits in every bite. I also liked the fact that it was a soft and chewy cookie instead of a hard and crunchy one. However, there was something missing in its texture despite the generous bits of oatmeal, which I cannot put a finger on. I would also prefer the raisin to be more whole and distinct because it’s ...

• actually quite incorporate into the cookie that it doesn’t stand out. And lastly, the taste of the cookie is a bit too sweet for my taste, and has a bit of burning or itchy sensation in the throat after you eat it.

One thing though, is that it’s a good snack when you’re hungry because it’s very compact and filling and would satisfy you in this aspect. One cookie is enough to satiate

your hunger. It’s good to bring along with you on long trips to answer for sudden hunger.

As a whole, I was not so impressed with the cookie because I have tasted better oatmeal cookies. The packaging was also very enticing which probably made me have high expectations on the product. Those who ate the cookie with me liked it though, but for me, I would probably not buy this product again in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717111331410530/k2311a1117/11.17.10