Car4Rent (Poland)  » Car rental  »
1.5
ul Słomińskiego 17, lok. 11, Warsaw, Poland
  • I found Car4Rent on the internet and saw that they had great deals on exactly what I wanted
  • A tail light on one car was out, and when we asked the attendant about it, he said it was not a problem

• by Kondra

Every year a small group of us goes to the mountains in the Czech Republic for a weekend retreat. We usually rent a car since it’s much easier to go by car than by train. This year we had a bigger group so I needed to rent a van. I found Car4Rent on the internet and saw that they had great deals on exactly what I wanted. When I called to reserve a van, and was told there were none available for the dates I wanted. So, we decided to go with 2 cars

which ended up being cheaper than the van.

First, trying to find the place was difficult. The little shared office (with another company) was located in an apartment building with a little sign directing you. Second, just getting the agreements to sign took over an hour. There were mistakes on both contracts and had to be redone several times. We requested a child’s seat, which looked like it was several years old.

When we finally got to check out the cars, they were old. Besides several dings and scratches, one car had too much oil ...

• and the other one had none. The attendant gave us (the car with too much oil) a can of oil. A tail light on one car was out, and when we asked the attendant about it, he said it was not a problem.

The trip to the Czech Republic and back was fine, but returning the cars was another story. This company has no where to park their cars, so we had to park in the shopping mall across the street. Before we left, we asked the attendant when the block on our credit

cards (security deposit) would be lifted. He told us that it would take no longer than 2 days. After the third day, we contacted our bank to check on our balance and the bank told us that the company did not block the amount, as they told us, but withdrew the money instead. We called the car rental company and they informed us that it would be 14 days after the rental date. Well, it wasn’t until 21 days before the money showed up.

I might give this company another chance, but I am not sure.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317111331370530/k2311a1117/11.17.10