Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Gloss in Ruby Sugar
  • And yes, I think it is lively enough and rosy enough to be worn alone

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This was one of those lip glosses that looked so cool and sexy in the tube that I just had to buy it. Bobbi has a lot of glosses like that. Some of them are lavender toned. Others are orange toned. They are just too pretty to pass up. What I liked about the looks of the Ruby Sugar shade is that the pigmentation looks vivid enough that you could wear the gloss alone, and it would sort of look like a liquid lipstick.

Ruby Sugar looks like a deep metallic red. I would almost call it a metallic garnet color, which is a wine red. But just like some of Bobbi’s other colors, once you put it on

your lips, it doesn’t look quite as dark. This one has some decent pigmentation, though, and it is very shiny. It has a little shimmer, but it is not over the top. And yes, I think it is lively enough and rosy enough to be worn alone. But I think it would look especially pretty if you sweep it over Bobbi’s metallic lipstick shade Jewel Red. That is one of her latest shades, which she released just in time for the holiday season. That is also a deep metallic red color, and the Ruby Sugar gloss looks like a perfect match. I wonder whether Bobbi had that in mind when she was creating Jewel Red. Maybe she wanted ...

• to give the Ruby Sugar gloss a companion lipstick that would compliment it and could be worn under it.

But if I were to wear that gloss and lipstick together, I would not put too much gloss on top. I would only put a dab of it, just to enhance the lipstick with some extra shine. But whether you wear the gloss alone or over lipstick, you can’t go wrong with this gloss. It is slick and sexy, and you will want to wear it to upcoming holiday parties. You could even dab it on top of red lipstick that is not metallic to jazz it up a bit and give it some shimmer. Actually, you could do a

lot with this lip gloss. You could play around with it and see how it looks on top of pink lipstick and coral lipstick. The possibilities are practically endless.

This Bobbi Brown lip gloss is $20. What makes me feel good about spending that much money is knowing that the gloss contains natural ingredients like jojoba and avocado oils, and it is also enriched with Vitamin C and Vitamin E. So you know you are not getting a gloss that is created entirely with chemicals and artificial ingredients.

I would recommend this gloss in Ruby Sugar, and I think you should wear it over different shades of lipstick and see what kinds of new and unique colors you can create.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116111331170530/k2311a1116/11.16.10