Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Designer Bloom  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like both of those names, even though neither one of them indicates what the colors are
  • I think I would have liked getting that shade, because that is a more contemporary color, whereas Designer Bloom is a more traditional looking shade
  • So I would recommend it, but I would suggest that you first go to the Lancome counter and try on some of their other lipsticks
  • I know their lipsticks are expensive, but you get strong pigmentation with them

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is another lipstick that I received as a bonus when Bloomingdale’s was giving a gift with purchase. The lipstick shade they started to give away was called Backstage Beauty, but apparently they ran out of that one, so they substituted it with Designer Bloom. That’s the shade I got. I like both of those names, even though neither one of them indicates what the colors are. Designer Bloom is a soft metallic, rosy pink. Maybe the word “bloom” refers to a rose or tulip in bloom.

Anyway, this is one of Lancome’s more subtle shades, at least when I compare it to some of the others I own. It is smooth and comfortable to

wear. This is one of those colors that you grab when you are not in the mood to really stand out. You just want a nice, soft color that makes you feel feminine and pretty. This color compliments my skin tone pretty well, but if I hadn’t gotten it as a bonus, I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it. It is $22, and I would rather spend that money on a lip color that is more lively, or even a dark lip color that has a modern edge to it. I already have a handful of other soft pink metallic lipsticks, so I don’t need or want any more of them.

Speaking ...

• of lip color with a modern edge, that takes me to the shade that was originally offered in the bonus — Backstage Beauty. That is a much darker shade (chocolate or burgundy brown). It’s a shame that Bloomingdale’s ran out of it. I think I would have liked getting that shade, because that is a more contemporary color, whereas Designer Bloom is a more traditional looking shade. I think older women would be comfortable with Designer Bloom, because it does not stray from the norm. It’s basically your standard pink, just a little deeper and more muted with a pearly sheen.

But I still like Designer Bloom, because there is something classy and elegant about that

subtle pink color. I can wear it with many different colors of clothing, because it is not bright pink. So I think that will make it more neutral and versatile.

So I would recommend it, but I would suggest that you first go to the Lancome counter and try on some of their other lipsticks. They have a lovely assortment of colors, some vibrant and some subdued. I know their lipsticks are expensive, but you get strong pigmentation with them.

But if you really have your heart set on a pink lip color, and you’re looking for a shade that is timeless and will never go out of style, then you can’t go wrong with Designer Bloom.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116111331150530/k2311a1116/11.16.10