NARS Blush in Exhibit A  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is a blush that I bought when I saw it at the cosmetic counter at Bloomingdale's
  • I recommend it, as long as you make sure you don't put much on

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I just love how the cosmetic companies dream up these names that don’t make any sense. This is a blush that I bought when I saw it at the cosmetic counter at Bloomingdale’s. When you hear a name like Exhibit A, you just think to yourself, “Hmmm.” It is certainly mysterious, but why all the mystery? That name doesn’t identify with any specific color, or with blush, or even with make-up in general. It sounds like it has something to do with a museum or a science experiment. Or it sounds like someone is giving a presentation at the office, and they’re using graphs or charts to demonstrate.

As it turns out, Exhibit A is a bright red shade of blush. And when I say bright, I mean eye-popping! I would say that it almost looks like it

is mixed with a touch of orange, too. You probably wonder why I or anyone else would want to wear such a bright blush. Well, here is what’s nice about this blush. I only need to get a few sprinkles of this powder blush on the brush, and I get a lovely look out of it. It gives me a natural looking flushed look, like when you are blushing. I don’t need to sweep the brush through the rectangular patch of blush and load up the brush with color. That would definitely be a mistake. If I did that and then I swept the blush on my cheek, I would look like a clown! And I mean that literally. All I need is a tiny bit of blush, because this is one of the brightest blush shades ...

• that I have ever seen. The pigmentation here is powerful.

This NARS blush costs $26. For that price, it’s a shame that it doesn’t include a brush, like Clinique does with some of their blush compacts. But this NARS blush in Exhibit A should last you a very long time, as long as you only apply a few specks of powder to each cheek every time you wear it. Whatever you do, DO NOT sweep the brush across the powder. You will pick up way too much color on your brush if you do that, and then you will be sorry once you sweep all that excess bright color on your cheeks. Just tap the center of the brush very lightly into the powder, and then sweep the brush across your cheeks. A little goes a very long

way with this Exhibit A.

The only way that I could justify putting more blush on your cheeks is if you are going to a New Year’s Eve party or something special like that. Maybe then you might want to jazz up your cheeks a little more. Or if you are going to a nightclub, where the lighting is dim, you may want to live it up and sweep on more blush so that it will show up better. But for all the other times that you wear this blush, go easy on it. It is potent!

So this is a very intense blush. If you want to see for yourself, go to Sephora and check it out. Try it on and see how you like it. I recommend it, as long as you make sure you don’t put much on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116111331140530/k2311a1116/11.16.10