Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Bamboo Pink  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think they were trying to promote this as an ideal gift to buy for Mother's Day
  • So I will recommend the Bamboo Pink shade for the pretty frosty glow, and I will give it a rating of 8 for that

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I got this Clinique lipstick in Bamboo Pink when Clinique was selling a set of mini lipstick, gloss, eyeshadows, eye cream, and a pink cosmetic bag for $36.00 (or somewhere around that price). I think they were trying to promote this as an ideal gift to buy for Mother’s Day. They completed the set with an eyebrow comb/brush that had a bamboo-shaped handle. Nice touch!

But I don’t know why this lipstick is called Bamboo Pink. Bamboo is not pink, as far as I know. Sometimes make-up companies come up with the strangest names. As for this Bamboo Pink lipstick, to be honest, I think this shade of pink is on the dull side. It is a pale, muted pink. The only

attractive feature of this lipstick is the metallic sheen. It gives my lips a soft, frosty glow. So this would be a good go-to color for bridesmaids and other women who are attending a wedding (especially a spring or summer wedding). Shimmery pink and pearly pink are always good choices for those seasons. The frosty glow will show up at the reception, although you may need to apply touch-ups throughout the day, especially when you arrive at the reception. The lighting may be a little dimmer, so you want to make sure that metallic shine really shows up well.

This lipstick is smooth and creamy, too, so your lips will stay moist. Clinique’s lipsticks are $14. I am glad that I got ...

• this Bamboo Pink shade as part of a set, because I would not spend $14 on it alone. This subdued shade of pink is just too dead looking against my complexion. The only thing that saves it is the frosty sheen, but that is not enough for me. I need a lip color that is more vicacious, one that will give my scrawny lips some definition. I think that deeper colors and brighter colors stand out better on my face and make my face come alive more.

Bamboo Pink might be a good choice for ladies who have never bought Clinique lipstick before, and they want to start out with a soft and quiet pink color. This is a good color for

women who don’t like bold lipstick. If you like pink lipstick that almost has a barely-there look on your face, then Bamboo Pink may be the right shade for you (as long as you like a metallic shine).

So I will recommend the Bamboo Pink shade for the pretty frosty glow, and I will give it a rating of 8 for that. It is the only thing here that gives my lips some dimension. Other than that, I am not too crazy about this drabby shade of pink. But I will also recommend Bamboo Pink, because I think it would be a nice shade to layer on top of other lipsticks. The metallic sheen will make the lipstick shade underneath really pop.

Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Bamboo Pink

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116111331130530/k2311a1116/11.16.10