Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Groupie  » Cosmetics  »
  • That's the best way that I can descibe it
  • To be honest, this lipstick shade has one of the most amazing frosty sheens that I have ever seen, and that is not something I can say too often
  • But I think you can't go wrong with either shade
  • So I recommend Lancome Color Design lipstick in Groupie

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This Lancome lipstick was one of several lipsticks that I received as a bonus item when I made a purchase at one of the department stores. And just like some of Lancome’s other lipsticks, this one has a name that makes no sense: Groupie. You don’t have any idea what the color is like. Besides, what does being a groupie have anything to do with lipstick?

Well, I guess that is a mystery that will never be solved. As it turns out, this lipstick is a metallic burnt orange or reddish orange. That’s the best way that I can descibe it. It’s a kind of rusty color, and you do get

an incredible metallic sheen here. To be honest, this lipstick shade has one of the most amazing frosty sheens that I have ever seen, and that is not something I can say too often! It really gleams. Try it on the store, and you will see it immediately. It is smooth, just like Lancome’s other lipsticks that I own. The color and sheen are similar to Clinique’s High Impact lipstick shade Peach Pop, except Peach Pop is more of a vibrant coral color.

So here is what I suggest. This Lancome Color Design lipstick in Groupie costs $22. Clinique’s High Impact lipstick in Peach Pop is $14. If you can afford the ...

• Lancome lipstick, then go for it. But if the Clinique lipstick is more within your budget, then you will do just as nicely with the Peach Pop. Also, the Peach Pop has SPF 15, so you’re getting more for your money with that choice. But I think you can’t go wrong with either shade. The main difference is that Groupie has some red in it, and Peach Pop has peach mixed into it.

Groupie is a good shade to wear all year long, I think. Even though it’s a bright color, I think you can wear it with pastels to liven them up. It will look beautiful with white clothes in

the summertime. And obviously, it will look great with all of the colors in fashion that we see in the fall, from spicy browns to sunny yellows to burgundys. And even though Groupie isn’t a true red shade, I think you can still wear it in the winter time to the holiday parties because of its festive metallic sheen that will make you think of tinsel and silver bows.

So I recommend Lancome Color Design lipstick in Groupie. I realize that $22 is pretty expensive for lipstick, but if you can afford it, then I think you will be pleased with it. I think this is a lipstick with a sheen that is breath-taking!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116111331080530/k2311a1116/11.16.10