Uncle Bens Pasta Bake Sauces
  • I think that asking the pasta to boil itself in the oven was a potential idea but had probably not been very well researched to see if it actually worked that well

• by JustHonest

One dish that me and my son both love is a pasta bake and when I am making one of these I look no further than an Uncle Bens jar. I am sure there are plenty of others that can make the sauce from scratch, but at the moment I do not have the knowledge and I do not have the time.

I remember when they were first introduced they looked like such a good idea, but I did wonder

if they were promoted without someone actually testing the recipe that they suggested. The idea was that you could put raw paste, in with the cooking sauce and some water, put some cheese on top and the dish would easily cook itself.

What I and many people seemed to find though was that the paste would not full cook through because the water would of course steam away, leaving some of the pasta dry and just easy to burn which ...

• made for a very crunchy dish.

They soon seemed to drop this promotion though as many, including myself had realised that this was a great dish, but if you cooked the pasta in water first. I think that asking the pasta to boil itself in the oven was a potential idea but had probably not been very well researched to see if it actually worked that well.

The sauces do taste nice though which is key. It was a shame that

they seemed to drop one of their cheese sauces though. I presume it simply could not have been popular enough, but when it was on the shelves it seemed to sell.

For a great pasta bake though, just boil your paste, add the sauce and any other bits and pieces that you want to mix in, sprinkle cheese and crushed crisps over the top for a crunchy finish. Great dish, all made very easily possible by good old Uncle Bens.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716111331000530/k2311a1116/11.16.10