Secret Clinical Strength Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Advanced (soft solid) Light And Fresh  » Health  »
  • In the hottest part of summer, when I ran out of deodorant, I bought this product to see if it really was different
  • I had been hearing that it was amazing and fantastic and I would never want to use anything else
  • I thought I was buying a solid, like the invisible solid I normally used
  • I’ve used Mitchum, and now that I think about it, the two products do perform very similarly

• by reviewabit

In the hottest part of summer, when I ran out of deodorant, I bought this product to see if it really was different. I had been hearing that it was amazing and fantastic and I would never want to use anything else. It was pretty expensive, but I liked Secret products in general so I excused the price, hoping it had something to offer in return. I thought I was buying a solid, like the invisible solid I normally used.

This product is actually a semi-solid that is pressed up through holes in the cap by turning the bottom. I find this particular form of product difficult to use and messy, but I had already opened the package so I kept it and

used it anyway. I had some problems getting the base of the container to work.

It was hard to get the product to come up through the holes like it was supposed to. This was annoying, but I managed to work it out by persistence. It went on smoothly, and although it was a bit soft and took a few seconds to dry, it was a better alternative than a roll on.

I still prefer a solid though. The product worked very well. I spent some time working in the heat and while the rest of my body turned into a dripping wet mess, my armpits did stay dry.

The fragrance of the product was nice. It had a soft clean scent ...

• that was very pleasant. (This is important to me) One thing that did disturb me a bit was that I was later informed of something, and I checked it out to be sure it was true– Secret Clinical is not clinical at all.

They use the same strength of the active ingredient that Mitchum deodorant/antiperspirant has used for years. I’ve used Mitchum, and now that I think about it, the two products do perform very similarly. Here’s the catch– Mitchum has never been marketed as “clinical strength” and it costs about half as much as the Secret Clinical.

I’ve always had a good opinion of Secret brand but this really irked me. That is very deceptive marketing. I am amazed

that Mitchum has not changed their packaging to reflect the similarity.

While I think the Secret is a good product, there are several reasons I will not buy it again. One, the obvious– I can get the same strength and effectiveness for half the price by using Mitchum, which is also an excellent product. Two, the cream pushup type of product like this Secret does not last long at all.

I think it is mostly water, and the packaging makes you think there is more in there than there actually is. It was a good product concept, but I think they went about it all wrong, and they never should have deceived the consumer by marketing it as something it is clearly not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416111330820530/k2311a1116/11.16.10