Secret Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Aerosol Spray Powder Fresh  » Health  »
  • Since I was stuck with the spray for a couple of weeks, I learned a little more about it
  • The first thing I noticed is that it is very cold when you spray it
  • On subsequent mornings, I sprayed the product and then quickly walked away to avoid the cloud of powdery smelling pollution

• by reviewabit

My mom has used this product for years, and when we went away on a trip and I forgot my deodorant, I used hers for almost two weeks. I’ve long been a fan of Secret, but I normally use the invisible solids that they offer. They last longer, and have a bigger variety of scents.

Since I was stuck with the spray for a couple of weeks, I learned a little more about it. I still do not understand why my mother likes it better, because to me, there were more cons than pros for using this formula.

The first thing I noticed is that

it is very cold when you spray it. In the middle of winter, I do not care for a cold blast of anything going under my arms.

That’s a rude way to become alert in the morning. The second thing I noticed was that the spray floated out into the air, which wasted some of the product, and I also had a coughing fit from breathing it in.

On subsequent mornings, I sprayed the product and then quickly walked away to avoid the cloud of powdery smelling pollution. The scent itself was nice, and was identical to the powder fresh scent of the solids.

It is much nicer ...

• not to have to inhale it. I wondered if I was in fact inhaling enough aluminum to do any damage to myself.

The spray does leave the underarm feeling dry, but cold. As far as effectiveness, to my surprise, it worked better than I expected.

I did not have any problems with odor or wetness with it. This was in winter to be fair, I do not know if it would have performed as well in the summer.

The can was used up before time to leave, and we ended up sharing the last little bit by using a little less than needed. If this

had been a solid, for the same price, it would probably have lasted at least two more weeks.

Overall, this product does work, so if someone wants the protection of Secret in a spray form, although I still don’t understand why it would be preferable, it is a good product. I would caution that it does waste product when it sprays and can irritate your throat or lungs and send you into a coughing fit, and also that you sure could save a lot of money by using the solid instead.

But, I give credit where it is due– it does protect you from odor and wetness very well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416111330790530/k2311a1116/11.16.10