Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo 33.8 oz
  • I bought this shampoo sheerly for the fragrance
  • I like to use this shampoo when I want my head to feel really clean
  • I love to use this product in the summer because between the smell and the tingle it just makes you feel cool and refreshed all over
  • It’s not cheap– this is a salon brand shampoo and I paid over thirty dollars for mine
  • I think enjoyable experiences, including scents, are worth a little extra sometimes

• by reviewabit

I bought this shampoo sheerly for the fragrance. It is awesome. I smelled it when my hairdresser used it on my hair.

What I did not realize was that she followed it with a potent deep conditioner. I left thinking that this was a gentle and moisturizing shampoo, but in reality it is more of a standard normal to oily hair type of shampoo.

It smells so good though, I just did what she did- I used it anyway

and used a conditioner after it. I like to use this shampoo when I want my head to feel really clean.

Not only does it actually get it really clean, but the mint ingredients tingle on your scalp like a medicated shampoo. The smell is fresh, relaxing and just heavenly.

I love to use this product in the summer because between the smell and the tingle it just makes you feel cool and refreshed all over. The large 33 ounce bottle will last a very long time.

It’s not cheap– this is a salon brand shampoo and I paid over thirty dollars for mine. Had I known it’s effects on my hair would not be extraordinary, I probably would not have bought it just for the scent.

There is a Suave product on the market that is a sort of “imposter” of this shampoo, and I have actually found it to be just as good and a little gentler on the hair.

• Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo 33.8 oz
      I do think the scent in the original is a bit better though, seems richer.

I expect more of a specific performance from salon shampoos because of their price. So although I probably will not pay full price for this shampoo again, I do love it.

If I had oily hair it would be perfect– but what I can do is use it when my hair feels especially “dirty” or when I have been using a lot of styling

products, because at those times it needs a little extra stripping action. I would recommend this shampoo to anyone who has normal to oily hair, loves a nice fresh mint and rosemary fragrance, and doesn’t mind splurging a little on theirself at the salon.

I think enjoyable experiences, including scents, are worth a little extra sometimes. And, you can always try using it as body wash.

Many shampoos work great as body washes. Just be sure your skin can handle the mint “tingle” this will give.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416111330760430/k2311a1116/11.16.10