Dollar Tree Reusable Shopping Bags  » Housewares  »
  • I think that this is an excellent idea as it saves so many trees and will keep the earth green
  • I decided I wanted some of these bags when I saw them at the local Dollar Tree store
  • Another thing I noticed about these bags is that they have to be washed
  • These bags did not do the best in the washing machine, but did come out clean
  • I would recommend these bags to any one who wants a change

• by adrean_j

I have seen around at a few stores that they are starting to encourage the use of recyclable grocery bags over the usual paper or plastic. I think that this is an excellent idea as it saves so many trees and will keep the earth green. I decided I wanted some of these bags when I saw them at the local Dollar Tree store. They had both green and beige bags for only a dollar a piece. The bags had a picture of a globe on them and it was very earth friendly. The bag was not too big in size but did not seem any different from most of the bags I have seen on sale at local grocery stores. The bag had two handles that are easy to rip

through my hands or even throw over my shoulder. The bags are not too big in size so it is hard to fit a lot of groceries in them. Theses bags are not that great when you have to do some heavy duty shopping. I would need a lot more bags if I were doing heavy shopping.

If I just want to pick up a few necessary items, these bags are perfect. Another thing I noticed about these bags is that they have to be washed. Because they are made of cloth, they tend to absorb liquids especially from meat. I have had a few occasions when blood got on the bag from raw meat and I had to throw the bag in the washing machine. These bags did not do ...

• the best in the washing machine, but did come out clean. I did not like how the bags seemed a little thinner and weaker after washing. I then started to wash them by hand, which works just as well. These bags should not be over stuffed with groceries, especially heavy ones. The straps will snap if over stuffed. I think that the straps could have been sewed on a little better, but it was sufficient. These bas can be used for a very long time. I have had mine for six months and still use both of them. I had to stitch one of the straps on a little tighter, but besides that, I have had not problems. They are easy o store in the kitchen or closet, because they can
        be simply folded and stacked.

Overall, I really like these reusable bags from the Dollar Tree. It is a ways to be earth friendly around the house and save a lot of trees. The bags cloth and will be able to carry heavier items than the plastic bas they give at the store. It is really great for can goods and other items that break plastic bags easily. I think that anyone who is really earth conscious should try these bags. They are affordable and easily accessible at any Dollar Tree Store. They are washing machine safe and keeps my recycling bin less full. I would recommend these bags to any one who wants a change. I have tried bags from grocery stores that have not lasted as long and is not as strong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5316111330140330/k2311a1116/11.16.10