Luk Foo Chinese Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
1F Puregold Samson Rd. Monumento Metro Manila
  • We always eat at North Park, Mann Hann, and Gloria Maris, and little do I know that Luk Foo was even better than North Park and Gloria Maris (in my opinion) and it’s really affordable but so delicious at the same time – it’s all worth dining here
  • I thought the price was very cheap at only P75.00 and the dimsum serves 4 large pieces
  • I couldn’t believe there was not one dish that I didn’t like, I honestly liked all of them and can say that Luk Foo is the best Chinese restaurant I have dined in, even comparable to Mann Hann, they are the best for me and they are tied
  • This was the best dish I’ve had here at Luk Foo and would highly recommend you to order this when you dine here – the other Chinese restaurants do not have this dish (maybe they will, but Luk Foo is the pioneer) and what makes it different is because it is not lemon in sauce, but orange-flavored
  • I rate this a 10 out of 10 and the only thing I regret is not eating here sooner, this will be my favorite Chinese restaurant from now on

• by reviewer

Would you believe it was only my first time to eat at Luk Foo Chinese Restaurant and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t discovered them sooner! We always eat at North Park, Mann Hann, and Gloria Maris, and little do I know that Luk Foo was even better than North Park and Gloria Maris (in my opinion) and it’s really affordable but so delicious at the same time – it’s all worth dining here!

My family and I went here at the Puregold Monumento branch as we just finished visiting Chinese Cemetery, and my dad wanted to eat here and let us taste Luk Foo as my youngest brother and I haven’t eaten here yet, but my other family member already had before at our nearby branch. They hoped we would like the food and they had ordered some bestsellers and favorites that they used to order, and I ordered just one dimsum order and waited.

We didn’t have to wait for long for the first dish to arrive and the staff was friendly and quick. The Chinese-speaking manager was kind of strict and kind of uptight-looking but friendly when we spoke to her. The restaurant itself is quite big and as I viewed the other customers the service still was pretty good and nobody seemed to be waiting for long as everyone already had dishes in front of them and the check was quick in the end.

The food arrived fast and it was only about

10-15 minutes when the first dish arrived. We hard ordered 2 sets of Yang Chow Fried Rice which I forgot the value was, and the order was quite big as the plate was really overflowing with rice unlike when we dine at the other Chinese restaurants. Just seeing the rice already made me think that I could eat already as there were lots of pork bits and egg and shrimp. The rice wasn’t scarce on those and it really tasted good. For me, they serve best Yang Chow Fried Rice aside from the other Chinese restaurants like Mann Hann, Gloria Maris, and North Park, and I honestly think it’s so delicious, and that’s just the rice!

When my order of shark’s fin dumpling had arrived, it was very full of real shark’s fin meat and it was not thin and fake-tasting like the ones you can readily eat on the sidestreets. It was steamed, and it was quite delicious, but of course I would rather have the fried ones but they were very healthy here as it was steamed. I thought the price was very cheap at only P75.00 and the dimsum serves 4 large pieces! This is definitely worth ordering!

For the main dish I couldn’t complain. They were all delicious –each and every one of them. I couldn’t believe there was not one dish that I didn’t like, I honestly liked all of them and can say that Luk Foo is the best ...

• Chinese restaurant I have dined in, even comparable to Mann Hann, they are the best for me and they are tied!

The main dishes we ordered were the Orange Sauce Prawn Balls, and they were a very fair P300.00 dish, which I also thought was very very cheap! The dish had lots of shrimp which were fresh and tender and huge, and they were just like the shrimp you can see on other restaurants’ menu like the hot and cold chicken and shrimp dish, but this dish was served in a somehow orange and lemon sauce and it was very tasty and had a tangy zest to it! This was the best dish I’ve had here at Luk Foo and would highly recommend you to order this when you dine here – the other Chinese restaurants do not have this dish (maybe they will, but Luk Foo is the pioneer) and what makes it different is because it is not lemon in sauce, but orange-flavored. The usual sauce is lemon (as in lemon chicken) but this is in orange, and it’s very delicious and unique.

We had also ordered the Special Cold Cuts Combination and again, I couldn’t believe the price! It was only valued at a mere P320.00 and it had lots of cold cuts which ranges from the octopus jelly stuff to the century egg to the meat and porks, and get this – the skin on the chicken were very crispy! This

is one of my favorites too and you shouldn’t pass this up!

The last we had ordered was the Soyed Chicken. I thought this was just a normal meal but what made it really special and delicious was the skin on this dish were all fresh and very crispy! It was cooked nicely and the chicken pieces were very savory and the soy wasn’t too strong nor too bland but just right, and you’ll really enjoy the crispy skin here! This is priced at P190.00 and this dish I found expensive.

The staff were great and there were even a couple of Chinese managers who entertained us. They were very nice and the restaurant was clean and bright and it was a very nice place to dine to. Although it can be quite a hassle eating here as you still have to park upstairs and take the elevator to get down as this was located on the first floor, the parking at Puregold Monumento was free anyway, but that’s the only inconvenient part that I could think of when you’re bringing a car, and I would really suggest going here by commuting as the area isn’t really safe, so best to bring your car when you plan on dining here when you’re in the area already. I rate this a 10 out of 10 and the only thing I regret is not eating here sooner, this will be my favorite Chinese restaurant from now on!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 715111329820830/k2311a1115/11.15.10