Benefit Georgia Face Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • Sephora carries Benefit, and I believe Macy's does, too, but they don't give gifts with a purchase (as far as I know)
  • I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a stronger salmon shade, veering more towards coral and less towards pale peach
  • If you really want a soft peach that doesn't look bright, then I think you will like this shade
  • But I will still recommend the Georgia blush to other ladies, since it is a lovely soft peach color that may look better on other skin tones than it does on mine

• by Lisa Pellegrini

Several years ago, Bloomingdale’s carried Benefit make-up, and I used to enjoy getting their gifts with a purchase. I don’t know why Bloomies doesn’t carry Benefit anymore. I can only assume that it didn’t sell very well. But ever since then, I stopped buying Benefit make-up, since I can’t get a gift with a purchase anymore. Sephora carries Benefit, and I believe Macy’s does, too, but they don’t give gifts with a purchase (as far as I know).

I was drawn to this Georgia face powder (or blush), because it is basically advertised as a true peach shade. So I purchased it. This was maybe a few years ago, so I don’t have it anymore. I am going

on memory here, but as I recall, it was just okay and nothing that special. It was a subtle peach, the kind that I had to put quite a bit on in order for it to show up enough on my cheeks. I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t a stronger salmon shade, veering more towards coral and less towards pale peach.

But I don’t want to give you the wrong idea about it. If you really want a soft peach that doesn’t look bright, then I think you will like this shade. If you just want to give your face a little bit of color, then I think you will be happy with the Georgia powder.

• It is now $28. That’s a lot of money to spend on blush, but at least it includes a cute little peach brush with white hairs. It’s kind of skimpy on the hairs, though, and not full and fluffy. But I said it before, and I’ll say it again. It is cute!

I really have to wonder why it is such an expensive blush. It doesn’t come in a fancy case with a mirror. It just comes in a pretty peach-colored box with a painting of a big, juicy peach on top. Actually, I think the reason it costs so much is because you can also use it all over your face. You can add a touch of

color to your forehead, nose, and chin. So this blush (which is how I used it) serves a dual purpose. And who knows? Maybe you can even use it as an eye shadow! I say go for it.

I probably won’t buy Georgia face powder again, because I didn’t feel like the pigmentation was strong enough for my complexion. But I might take a look at some of Benefit’s other blushes in Sephora to see whether they have created a deeper shade that will suit my complexion better. But I will still recommend the Georgia blush to other ladies, since it is a lovely soft peach color that may look better on other skin tones than it does on mine.

Benefit Georgia Face Powder

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115111329810830/k2311a1115/11.15.10