San Marino Corned Tuna  » Food  »
1.5
  • I love tuna but sometimes there are no available tunas in the wet market

• by ibizaspain

I love tuna but sometimes there are no available tunas in the wet market. Fish is one of the foods that you need to take or eat everyday. The omega 3 and 6 components of it is needed for a healthy heart and to fight wrinkles. The demand for tuna is not growing that there are several brands for canned tuna. I remember when I was young, the market in

the Philippines was solely controlled by Century Tuna. Just lately, San Marino was launch and widespread marketing was used with the help of the two notable faces from local show business.

The old tuna was plain and simple. It was flaked and it was normally with oil. Variations of hot and spicy and some common local delicacies were made. They introduced though “corned tuna” as a marketing ploy against corned ...

• beef. I do not know what is with the competition when tuna and beef are entirely different. I was not really fan of the taste.

San Marino’s version was overly fragmented and the tuna tasted like it was ground tuna not like corned beef. I tried a different brand of corned tuna and it was better. What I do not like with this brand is the softness of the fish.

It has to be tender and juicy too and not soft and fragmented. It was like a fish drenched for several days and it was grounded. When I chew it, the fish became more crumbled. You can even swallow it instantly. I did not like the oil too because there was so much spices on it turning the color of the tuna into reddish shade. The oil used was not pleasing either.

San Marino Corned Tuna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715111329710330/k2311a1115/11.15.10