Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have been largely unsuccessful in finding what I want in a mascara, but Estee Lauder's Double Wear is the best mascara I have found

• by hreshtag

I admit it - I am a mascara addict. I have tried every kind of mascara out there, from dollar store mascaras, to department store brands. I have been largely unsuccessful in finding what I want in a mascara, but Estee Lauder’s Double Wear is the best mascara I have found.

The packaging on the outside looks just like any other typical mascara. It’s in a dark blue tube with a gold cap, and an average sized mascara wand, leaning a bit on the small side.

Once you open the mascara, you will notice that there is generally a lot of product on the wand. You’ll want to clean some of it off at first, or else it will clump right away when it’s new, as this wand gathers too much product on it. It takes an average amount of time for the product to dry on your lashes, and doesn’t leave them feeling too stiff or too soft. It does lengthen your lashes more than give it volume, but ...

• it really does both for me.

Using it is basically that same as any other mascara, but removing the product is what is truly different, and what makes me just love this product. This mascara is called “zero smudge” for a reason. It will truly never smudge, not even if you sleep in it! However, it comes off so easily with just plain water or any makeup remover/cleanser. My #1 complaint with other mascaras is that they will not stay in place, and always streak

down my face. This mascara will stay put until you take it off, even if it’s the next morning, without being uncomfortable to wear. This is the “cleanest” mascara I have ever owned. If I take a nap or sweat a bit, I don’t find black streaks down my cheeks. It’s wonderful!

The only real negative is that it’s a bit on the pricey side, as it’s a department store brand, but it’s worth every penny if you’re looking for a smudge free mascara that really works.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115111329580330/k2311a1115/11.15.10