Equate Aspirin  » Medicine  »
  • Then one day I noticed the tell-tale swelling of a new clot
  • Not wanting to submit myself to a lifetime of Warfarin use, I decided to try and use a low dosage of aspirin like heart patients do to hopefully thin my blood enough to keep clots from forming
  • I like the convenience of using a drug like Equate Aspirin because it is an over-the-counter medication and can be bought whenever I need it

• by John Roper

I don’t really like to take medicine, and taking anything on a regular basis is anathema to me. However, I have recently started to use Equate aspirin on a daily basis. Here’s why.

Two years ago I made a trip along with two of my children back to Senegal, West Africa, where my family and I had been living for almost 10 years. We went back to pack up and sell off our belongings as we were moving back to the United States. It was a hard month for us of saying goodbye to friends and home and parting with so many things that had colored our lives over the

past decade. The constant sitting and sorting had an unexpected effect on me personally, however. I developed blood clots in my right leg. On arriving back in America, our family doctor put me on Warfarin for nine months. When I finally was able to get off the drug, he warned me that if the clots ever returned I would need to go back on the drug for life.

For a long time everything went smoothly with my leg. Then one day I noticed the tell-tale swelling of a new clot. Not wanting to submit myself to a lifetime of Warfarin use, I decided to try and use a low dosage ...

• of aspirin like heart patients do to hopefully thin my blood enough to keep clots from forming. My wife bought me some Equate Aspirin from our local Walmart to experiment with.

After a couple of months now I am happy to report that I am no longer experiencing the symptoms of having a blood clot. Every morning I faithfully pop one of the little yellow pills in my mouth along with some other supplements to keep my aging body in line. The aspirin goes down easily and doesn’t seem to upset my system.

I did wonder for awhile what the little “L” on the pill was for since Equate begins

with an “E.” Eventually I figured out that it probably stands for low dosage. I may not be quick, but I usually get there by and by.

I like the convenience of using a drug like Equate Aspirin because it is an over-the-counter medication and can be bought whenever I need it. I also like that it’s cheaper than Warfarin and doesn’t seem to play havoc with my system like some drugs do. Finally, I like the fact that using this drug is my choice and not one I have to be on. All of these factors combined help me believe that I will continue to use this product into the foreseeable future.

Equate Aspirin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2615111329570330/k2311a1115/11.15.10