Prince of Persia (2010 Film)  » Movies  »
  • At first, I did not think that I would find the film interesting at all, since I knew that it was based on a video game
  • My assumption that the movie was going to be dull and more like a video game was completely wrong, and it is safe to say that I found Prince of Persia to be not only well casted, but suspenseful, romantic, a movie I can watch for many years to come
  • He is framed for murdering the king by his uncle and must flee the kingdom to avoid being murdered
  • I was rooting for the characters to succeed and felt sad when the princess died and I thought the prince would never love again
  • If you have not already seen the film Prince of Persia, I would urge that you do so on your next free night, you won’t be disappointed

• by Susanna Frank

My boyfriend and I went on a date one night to the movies to watch Prince of Persia. At first, I did not think that I would find the film interesting at all, since I knew that it was based on a video game. That was my first mistake. My assumption that the movie was going to be dull and more like a video game was completely wrong, and it is safe to say that I found Prince of Persia to be not only well casted, but suspenseful, romantic, a movie I can watch for many years to come.

The film was about a prince who was brought into prince hood after the king adopted him. He

is framed for murdering the king by his uncle and must flee the kingdom to avoid being murdered. He takes with him the dagger that holds the sands of time, which has the power to turn time backwards, and the princess who must protect the dagger. They were to be married before the prince was framed and the journey that they travel on is adventurous and wonderful all at once. In the end, the princess is killed, but the prince turns back the time with the dagger so he can stop his uncle before he has time to murder his father. He and the princess meet again, with her having no memory of what the two ...

• of them went through and the love that they had on their journey, and he does. Still, you know that they are going to live happily ever after because of the warm embrace that they share at the end of the film.

What I loved above all else, was that this film had a story behind it. It stayed true to the game, yet created this grand story about love and adventure and royalty and even a bit of magic with the sands of time giving the power to the bearer of turning back the clock. It was literally difficult to not enjoy this film and not get swept away in the story. I was rooting for

the characters to succeed and felt sad when the princess died and I thought the prince would never love again. The ending was not perfect, but it left the viewers hopeful that their love was going to live on, and I think many people would appreciate a happy ever after.

Overall, I found this film to be very entertaining and fun to watch. While there are some parts that might be frightening and inappropriate for children, I do think this to be a family film and something for many ages to enjoy. If you have not already seen the film Prince of Persia, I would urge that you do so on your next free night, you won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115111329370330/k2311a1115/11.15.10