Elegance Suit Hotel, Bangkok  » Hotels  »
88 North Sathorn Road Jaras-wiang, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand
  • I like the way she arranged this so not to disturb other guests with the smell of the durian
  • I think 240 US dollars a night is a fairly good price for the hotel

• by Pusaka

I knew this hotel from a tourist club. Actually the club offered two hotels in different locations in Bangkok. As Elegance Suit Hotel (ESH) is located near to the city center and also very close to a Bangkok Mass Transit System station, I chose to stay at ESH. We (my wife, two children of mine and I) went to Bangkok for a three night holidays and got a family room in ESH.

The lobby is narrow but long, with two or three receptionists who are very helpful. Guests are not allowed to bring any durian in. One afternoon my

wife bought durian outside, and it had to be stored in the reception. In that very evening when we wanted to eat it, the receptionist brought the durian to an open air rooftop next to a swimming pool, and prepared a place for us to eat it. I like the way she arranged this so not to disturb other guests with the smell of the durian. My family room consists of a pantry, a bedroom for two, a living room equipped with two sofas those can be converted to beds, and an en suite bathroom. It was clean ...

• and bright. I like the room.

Dinner is very easy. There is a food court in a nearby department store (the Robinson which is within 10 minutes on foot). There are also many street food hawkers along the way to the department store. The Bangkok Mass Transit (in Thai they name it as BTS, but pronounced as bee-tee-at) station is about another 5 minutes on foot from the department store. The name of this station is Saphan Taksin which we often used to commute within the city. The ease of having meal and transportation give many more positive points

to the hotel. There is, however, one thing that I do not like about this hotel, but this is only a minor one. Once when we came back a little late in the evening, the street in front of the hotel was dark.

On the last day after checking-out, on our way to the BTS station, we met one of the hotel’s receptionists. She gave a Thai greeting. For sure, we will be back to this hotel if we have another chance to visit Bangkok again someday. I think 240 US dollars a night is a fairly good price for the hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 215111329270330/k2311a1115/11.15.10