The Walking Dead Episode 1 Days Gone By  » TV  »
  • From what I know, TV series are most of the time on a lower budget when compared to movies but I must say that that probably wasn’t the case for this TV series
  • I did notice that the zombies in this movie series are a bit different from other zombies portrayed in films because zombies here, I believe, could actually think

• by rycemix

Since I saw the trailer of The Walking Dead on cable, I just knew I had to watch it. Honestly I am not really a huge fan of zombies. I’m a bit terrified of them but I do watch them, which is probably the influence of my boyfriend since he’s the one obsessed with them. Anyway, as soon as I saw it, I immediately told my boyfriend about it and watched the trailer again online and we were really ecstatic because we got really into the trailer and we both believed it will be a great TV series.

And finally, I

was able to watch the first episode yesterday and I just had to review it because it was really good! From what I know, TV series are most of the time on a lower budget when compared to movies but I must say that that probably wasn’t the case for this TV series. From the trailer and episode 1 alone, it looked like a one-hour clip from a zombie movie.

The first episode of The Walking Dead introduces Andrew Lincoln as Sheriff Deputy Rick Grimes. He was in a coma after being shot during his duty and when he wakes up,

• he finds out that everyone is gone and that there are a lot of dead people walking around. And now, his mission is to find his lost wife and son who he believes is still alive.

I did notice that the zombies in this movie series are a bit different from other zombies portrayed in films because zombies here, I believe, could actually think. In this episode, one zombie can actually turn a door knob, although it’s locked so she can’t really open it. And they could actually sit down and then stand up if they see, hear, or smell

a human. And these are things which are really not the qualities I have seen in other zombies in films. I don’ see it as a disadvantage though. I think it’s a new twist to zombies.

I just absolutely loved this first episode because it has mystery, suspense, horror and I had my eyes glued to it for the whole one hour of it. Would I be expecting more from this series based on the first episode? You bet I will. Judging from this first episode alone, this would be a great TV series and I am looking forward to the next episodes.

Angel says :

I was able to watch the first episode of this series which was aired in November 5,2011 here in the Philippines. I remember because it was my birthday and my friends and I were watching it while waiting for others to arrive. It is the best. It takes TV series to a whole new level. I know that the extravagant production will not go to waste because it will earn them a lot of loyal fans. I was not mistaken.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1015111329260330/k2311a1115/11.15.10