Old Spice’s Red Zone: Glacial Falls Deodorant  » Cosmetics  »
  • Therefore, it should come as no surprise that when I decided I needed a small, solid deodorant to put into my travel bag for airplane flights I chose Old Spice
  • I mean, I like football, but I doubt anyone would ever mistake me for a NFL pro player
  • Nor do I think I work hard enough to ever smell like one after they've put in a hard day on the gridiron

• by John Roper

My dad is a creature of habit. Growing up, I knew there was one type of aftershave and deodorant and one type only: Old Spice. To this day the fresh yet spicy scent of Old Spice products continues to bring back fond memories of my childhood.

Therefore, it should come as no surprise that when I decided I needed a small, solid deodorant to put into my travel bag for airplane flights I chose Old Spice. Of the different varieties of Old Spice available

at my local store, I decided on the Glacial Falls scent under the Red Zone sub-brand.

My reason for selecting this particular type had more to do with size than the desire to pick a product called Red Zone, despite its association with one of my favorite sports. I mean, I like football, but I doubt anyone would ever mistake me for a NFL pro player.

Nor do I think I work hard enough to ever smell like one after they’ve put in a hard day on the gridiron. As for my choice of Glacial Falls over another of the evocative scent names Old Spice uses, I must admit it simply sounded good to me.

The product description states that the deodorant goes on invisibly despite the natural color. I can attest to this fact, but I sometimes wonder how they accomplish it.

It may be because the layer of product you actually put on is so thin. Anyway, it does go on with only the barest of ...

• Old Spice's Red Zone: Glacial Falls Deodorant
      glistening to let you know it is present and is virtually undetectable by sight.

The opposite is true as far as scent goes. Whenever I put it on I almost feel that anyone I come in contact with will soon be asking me what I’m wearing.

Not that the aroma is unpleasant; it’s Old Spice, after all. It’s just that I find the potency of the formula to be pretty bold.

The makers of Old Spice Red Zone claim that you will smell great

all day and all night. This is a great selling point if true, but I can’t prove it personally because no deodorant is worth me staying up for twenty four hours straight to test it.

I can say that it seems to keep me inoffensive to others (at least in the olfactory sense) for a long time. Will I stick to Old Spice as a good travel companion? Undoubtedly.

It fulfills its stated purpose well and, as a plus, brings back special memories of my youth and the unique scent of my father.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115111329160330/k2311a1115/11.15.10