Beauty Secrets Base Coat  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • Its brush handle is quite small which can make this base coat a little hard to apply, but the brush itself is quite large so this wasn’t a problem
  • I was quite impressed with this brush concept
  • It is definitely thicker than water, but less thicker than honey
  • I think this is partly due to the large brush as it picks up a lot of the base coat, so a lot of product seems to transfer onto the nails thus it taking longer to dry
  • But I am pretty disappointed by how low the lasting power of my at-home manicure is now due to this base coat

• by shanjucool

I really like nail polish and am always polishing my nails on a regular basis. Like every nail polish fanatic knows, a good base coat is the foundation to smooth nail polish application. All these years I have been a fan of OPI’s base coat and I really do like it. But it is a little expensive so I was ready to try something a little cheaper. When I went to my local Sally’s Beauty Supply store to check out their selection of Base Coats, my eyes went to this giant

bottle of base coat which was only $8. This was really cheap and quite a lot in comparison to OPI’s base coat. So I really wanted to give this a try.

As I mentioned this polish bottle is huge. It is like the size of a tennis ball or a large Christmas ornament. I am really impressed with its size. Its brush handle is quite small which can make this base coat a little hard to apply, but the brush itself is quite large so this wasn’t a problem. In fact, the brush is so large, it covers my entire nail in one swipe of this base coat and I have normal adult sized nails. I was quite impressed with this brush concept. The formula of the base coat itself appears to be very smooth flowing and has high viscosity. It is definitely thicker than water, but less thicker than honey.

Despite being impressed with this brush size and the largeness of this base coat, I don’t think I actually like the base coat itself. Its high viscosity is kind of a ...

• Beauty Secrets Base Coat
      problem for me as I find it is too runny. It also seems to take a while to dry, even though I have applied the thinnest possible layer of this base coat. I think this is partly due to the large brush as it picks up a lot of the base coat, so a lot of product seems to transfer onto the nails thus it taking longer to dry. Also, I don’t think this base coat as much adhering power as it seems to peel the polish after a day or
      two of application. I have pretty smooth nails in general and I don’t want to buff them as my nails are thin as well and buffing them makes them too thin and they hurt afterwards, so I don’t know if that is the problem. But I am pretty disappointed by how low the lasting power of my at-home manicure is now due to this base coat. I was not impressed by it and would not buy this again. I would try a different one next time. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115111328620230/k2311a1115/11.15.10