Neosporin Neo To Go! First Aid Antiseptic Pain Relieving Spray 0.26 oz.  » Health  »
2.0
  • I don’t think there is anything wrong with this product per se, it does do what it says it does, and it is made for convenience, which justifies the price to some extent– but I do not agree with the way the company packaged it, because it is very easy to mistake it for a different type of product

• by reviewabit

I’ve long been a regular user of Neosporin ointments and other products. I picked up this little spray because it seemed like a good idea– a very small Neosporin that I could keep in my purse and use anytime and anywhere. I took it with me to the park along with a friend’s little boy that I was babysitting.

I’d had great success with Neosporin’s foam wound cleaner and the ointment. But since they were a bit larger, I took this for my purse so it wouldn’t take up much room.

Sure enough, he got a small cut. It really was a tiny one, nothing that really necessitated treatment right away but

I wanted to be sure he didn’t get any kind of infection so I took out the spray and proceeded to spray it onto the wound.

To my surprise, and his, he winced and started to cry from the burning. It seems I had made a wrongful assumption because I did not read the package well.

This product is not Neosporin as we are familiar with, it is an antiseptic spray– not the antibiotic that Neosporin brand is famous for. Since the packaging looked similar, and it said it was pain relieving (obviously not!) I thought it would be a similar formula to the Neosporin cream with pain relief, a product I ...

• used frequently myself.

If I had realized this beforehand, I would not have paid the amount that I did for the product. I was nearly five dollars, and only holds .

26 of an ounce. That will not last very long, and since it’s an antiseptic, it has to be used more often than an antibiotic type of treatment.

different type of product. My young friend gives it a big thumbs down.

He much prefers the cream or ointment, and I have to agree with him. I like those options better too.

I owed him a big apology after spraying him with that “mean stuff that hurt. ” I can recommend this for someone who wants the convenience of an antiseptic spray that they can take in their purse, but I must add that a small bottle of rubbing alcohol would be cheaper and do the same thing.

If you want the reliable and non-painful Neosporin we all know and love, get the ointment or cream. It’s not that big to carry around anyway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415111328570230/k2311a1115/11.15.10