Stephen King’s Novel “Cell”
  • One novel in particular that I found to be thrilling, suspenseful with just the right amount of gore and fright for my taste was a novel called “Cell”
  • The way that Stephen King creates a compelling tale that frightens and yet leaves me suspenseful for what will happen next is truly an amazing quality in a novel
  • I would recommend this novel to anyone who also enjoys a little bit of terror in their life as well as an entrancing story that will make you double think technology, then this novel is for you

• by Susanna Frank

One of my all time favorite authors is Stephen King. I am an avid fan and have not only watched many of his books turned into films, but have read a great deal of novels from him as well. One novel in particular that I found to be thrilling, suspenseful with just the right amount of gore and fright for my taste was a novel called “Cell”.

In this novel, the world is turned upside down after a sound wave that traveled through cell phones have turned humans into crazed and blood thirsty animals. At the time of this sound wave, all those who were on their

cell phones were turned, and the ones who were not had to watch in horror as those around them became enraged and crazy. The novel follows a man who is trying to get to his son and stumbles upon a group of other normal humans trying to survive in this zombie apocalypse. The strange thing about these zombie’s however, is that they only come out during the day, they somehow fear the night and go into hiding. Also, some of these zombies have supernatural powers of telekinesis. Making them all the more dangerous.

This novel not only told of a frightening tale that even made me ...

• double check before using a cell phone again, but one that gave a new way to look at zombies. These zombies were unlike any I had ever seen, and while I call them zombies I am not sure that is the correct word for them. They were terrifying no doubt and would kill a human if they had the chance, but the fact that they did not come out during the night time made me think that just because they are the villains doesn’t mean that they don’t have a weakness.

I loved that this novel kept me at the edge of my seat and made

me want to keep the light on a little longer while going to sleep. The way that Stephen King creates a compelling tale that frightens and yet leaves me suspenseful for what will happen next is truly an amazing quality in a novel. I would recommend this novel to anyone who also enjoys a little bit of terror in their life as well as an entrancing story that will make you double think technology, then this novel is for you. This book can be found wherever books or sold, as well as on online sites that sell books and sells for roughly twenty six dollars and ninety five cents.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1715111328390130/k2311a1115/11.15.10