Scunci Faux 20 inch Hair Curly Jaw Clip Extension Brunette  » Health  »
  • I bought this item as part of a Halloween costume, and ended up using it afterwards as well
  • I think this would be a great product for many occasions

• by reviewabit

I bought this item as part of a Halloween costume, and ended up using it afterwards as well. It is a long, 20 inch cascade of dark brown hair, which matched my color very closely. It attaches to your own hair with a standard jaw clip. It is the perfect fake pony tail, or can be part of a more sophisticated multi-layered style if you know how to work with it.

The texture of this “hair” does leave a bit to be desired. It doesn’t feel like natural hair at all, which it isn’t– but it actually looks pretty convincing if you happen to have the same hair

type as it portrays. I do, and when I wore it, several people thought it was part of my real hair.

In reality, my real hair was underneath, holding the extension upwards to give me a look of a very high, plumped up style. If someone were to touch this extension, they would know it wasn’t real hair. It is slightly rough to the touch and wig-like.

However, it holds its style well. The slightly wavy curly look has never changed, even though it’s been both brushed and washed. If I want more curl from it, I can roll it over night.

Heat products can’t be ...

• used on it. I did not see any directions stating not to wash the item, and I had gotten lots of hair spray in it, so I just used a regular shampoo and conditioner on it, and it did just fine. It looked just like new when I was finished.

Since I’ve cut my hair a bit shorter, if I have days when I miss my long hair, I can just pop this into the back and I have instant length. It is as comfortable to wear as any jaw clip, but there can be a bit of pulling from the weight of the extension so you

do sometimes have to play with it a bit so that it is not pulling your real hair. That can be pretty uncomfortable after awhile.

I think this would be a great product for many occasions. Halloween is just one– proms, costume parties, weddings, photo shoots and parties are others. It is not expensive, and is easily taken care of.

The only drawback might be finding one that closely matches your own haircolor. I was lucky that mine was pretty standard for dark brown. There are a few varieties available, but they are pretty standard.

If you want a custom color, you might have to contact a professional instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3412111328220330/k2311a1112/11.12.10