CoverGirl Professional All In One Waterproof Mascara, Black  » Cosmetics  »
  • This has been a problem with me before with waterproof formulas
  • I am not a fan of oily eye makeup removers so I just tend to avoid using cosmetics that make them necessary
  • All in all, I think this is a very good product
  • I might just have to consider changing my regular brand

• by reviewabit

I usually buy a particular brand of Loreal mascara, but one day I saw a buy one get one free deal in the drugstore for this Covergirl mascara, so I took a chance and tried it. I had used Covergirl mascaras before, but honestly couldn’t remember how well I liked them or not. This was a waterproof mascara, and I normally wear this type in the summer when I am more likely to get sweaty.

I tried the product the next morning. It did a great job of defining and separating the lashes.

The brush was a very standard straight one, which was fine with me. I

really never thought the fancier brushes did anything differently anyway.

There was no clumping, and it didn’t burn my eyes. During the day, I did happen to have a little sweat on my face from working outside, and the mascara did not run.

It did tend to smudge a little if I touched my eye, but it did not react to moisture at all. There was no flaking at all.

In fact, it almost seemed the mascara stayed partially moist itself and never completely dried out. Surprisingly, this seemed to work quite well, as long as I didn’t rub my eyes.

The final points were scored when ...

• I went to remove my makeup that evening. It came right off with my regular facial cleanser and sponge.

I am happy to say I did not have to rub my eyes all night or resort to wiping black smudges on my face towel to get the product off my lashes. This has been a problem with me before with waterproof formulas.

Sometimes they just don’t want to come off! I am not a fan of oily eye makeup removers so I just tend to avoid using cosmetics that make them necessary. All in all, I think this is a very good product.

It doesn’t quite

have the “luxurious” quality that others do, and it lacks any fancy features or brushes, but for the price it is a good, basic product and one that works with many different looks and styles. It seems to last well too… I’ve been using the same container for five months now, and it has not gotten thickened or clumpy yet.

That’s something that I have to say this product does even better than the higher end mascaras do. I probably would have thrown out a mascara at least a month ago had it been my regular brand.

I might just have to consider changing my regular brand!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112111328190330/k2311a1112/11.12.10