L’oreal Studio Line Smoothness Smoothing Cream
  • I had a blah experience using L’oreal’s smoothing milk spray before because it made my hair texturized than soft and smooth
  • I like to apply the cream evenly while detangling my slightly damp hair
  • The only thing I learned out of using a leave-in spray was the inconvenience of spritzing the product through every section of the hair
  • I don’t have a problem with the formula of this cream as it produces a clean greaseless texture
  • I recommend it if you’re sick and tired of putting those oily serums

• by jhunie

I’ve been so lazy to take care of my hair. I’ve slacked off my hairstyling habits because of scalp issues and wanted to be pragmatic in getting my hair done in the morning without undue effort. On a normal day, I just blow my hair with a dryer and tie it down the back to gather all my thick hair in a low ponytail. I don’t like to complicate things so a simple coif will do. Well, indolence begets ugliness. Now my hair seems to require more effort to style and none of the usual products I use are working to calm down my rebellious waves. I’m getting less and less confident to put down my hair so I need a product to restrain my locks. I had a blah experience using L’oreal’s smoothing milk spray before because it made my hair texturized than soft and smooth. The reason of my partiality towards styling creams is that they typically suit the natural texture of my hair. The same can be said about this Loreal studio smoothness smoothing cream.

I like to apply the cream evenly while detangling my slightly damp hair. I use a wide-toothed comb to disperse the product, focusing

on the ends where the static usually shows and the layered tips of my hair go spiky. I warm up my hair with a dryer, sometimes I just use the cold shot setting to prevent damage. I can’t stand my hair drying on its own because I feel that the weight of the water puts my hair in distress. So even if it’s cold fan air, I won’t mind as long as my hair becomes thoroughly dry. The only thing I learned out of using a leave-in spray was the inconvenience of spritzing the product through every section of the hair. The smoothing cream may be messier in terms of application but I get the job done in just a few manual strokes. I also feel the cream really sets well on hair. The former smoothing milk gave me some sticky gluey residue afterwards.

The quality of this smoothing cream is very rich. It seems more of a liquid cream than the mousse-like formula. As far as styling goes, the cream’s strongest suit lies on managing the texture of the hair, but it doesn’t go as far as adding some hold or render the hair in a definite shape, the same as molding ...

• pastes do. I don’t have a problem with the formula of this cream as it produces a clean greaseless texture. The cream is lightly perfumed and hangs around in a short while. I have this quirky way of wearing perfume on my hair, I was worried about the alcohols I dispense on my strands. I believe the cream helps to coat my cuticle while buffering the possible drying effects of my hair mist.

I think this type of formula will suit wavy and curly hair. I have undernourished strands probably caused by heat styling. I love the glossy sheen in this cream. It brings life to my dull dark brown highlights while masking out the traces of damage on my locks, particularly on the ends. My ends behave and don’t go erratic. Once I’ve successfully achieved the smooth full-bodied style I want, I still like to add a small amount of this cream to finish off an upswept coif, especially in the hairline where the short kinks deviate from the normal course. I suppose the cream keeps my strands bonded together. For those who are afraid that the product may turn out to be too flat, the cream may take a

significant amount of volume, as evidenced by my thick hair, but allow it to dry after a while and give it a bit of teasing until you get a satisfying lift. I conform to the natural wavy quality of my hair, despite my washed out perm, and this smoothing cream makes it possible.

I’m not sure if it’s the brush I’m using that brings a lot of static in my hair. I use a finishing brush with boar bristles after a quick blow-dry to set the style, preceded by a vented round brush which deposits the warmth to my hair so I can style it in a flash. Without putting the smoothing cream, I find the static cling comes back too soon. Otherwise, I enjoy feeling the softness of my strands post-drying. The initial slick texture of the cream disappears and hair feels as if the product was merged into the strands. I recommend it if you’re sick and tired of putting those oily serums. It’s also very cheap at 5 dollars. This smoothing cream may be too heavy for fine hair though. If you style your hair lightly, I’m sure you’ll find this product a nice hair grooming treat for your style-resistant locks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112111328030230/k2311a1112/11.12.10