Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief  » Movies  »
  • However, recently when I was bored I managed to watch the movie and was surprised that I actually thought of passing it over since I thought that the movie had an unusual and original plot, was exciting and appealed to that fantasy lover within me
  • After watching it, I was not disappointed at all, and a part of me wishes that whoever made the movie would make a sequel that is set when Percy is a bit older
  • I recommend this to people who like fantasy and adventure films

• by Redtape

When the movie “Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief” was released in movie theatres, I had no interest in seeing it for some reason. However, recently when I was bored I managed to watch the movie and was surprised that I actually thought of passing it over since I thought that the movie had an unusual and original plot, was exciting and appealed to that fantasy lover within me.

The movie was about a young man who spends his entire life believing he has some sort of learning disability, when in fact is was actually one

of the attributes of him being a demi-god, and the son of the Greek God Poseidon. He only manages to find out about the identity of his biological father, only after Zeus’ lightning bolt goes missing, and Zeus has begun to accuse the young man of stealing it. Therefore, the movie is for the most part about the young man trying to get back his mother who is being held hostage in Hades, find Zeus’ lightning bolt and clear his name of being the Lightning thief and prevent a war of the gods.

What I absolutely hated about ...

• the film was the first part though. That was the part that showed the conversation between Zeus and Poseidon, and then what happened at the museum when the class was on a trip. I thought everything moved a bit too fast for me to understand and appreciate then, and I just could not accept the fact that the boy, Percy, seemed to be taking all of these revelations well, from the fact that he was the son of a God, to the fact that his lecturer was actually a centaur.

Another thing I did like about the film though,

was the acting. I thought the actor Sean Bean, who played Zeus did a splendid job at his part. He was so believable as always, even though he did not appear on screen for very long. I also thought that the young actor who played Percy did a very good job with his lead role as well.

After watching it, I was not disappointed at all, and a part of me wishes that whoever made the movie would make a sequel that is set when Percy is a bit older. I recommend this to people who like fantasy and adventure films.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
    Leslie Ann Hunter says :

Who is the goddess that is the mother of Annabeth? This goddess is also the deity of battle strategies and wisdom.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111111327630830/k2311a1111/11.11.10