Irish Spring Original Deodorant Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have my share of experience with this soap because I receive tons of these whenever I receive my package from the United States
  • It is often a disadvantage when you sweat so much because of the uncomfortable smell
  • What I like is they chose the perfect ingredient to support their claim that this is deodorizing

• by ibizaspain

Irish Spring is one of the oldest brand of soaps manufactured by Colgate-Palmolive. It is one of the most often used body soap for men. I have my share of experience with this soap because I receive tons of these whenever I receive my package from the United States. There are two imported brands that I am using, Dove and Irish Spring although occasionally I use Olay. Sometimes I receive it sometimes I personally buy it myself. The reason why I have tried using Irish Spring was because of my curiosity on its effectiveness. With my active lifestyle and my inclination for sports, I always wanted a soap

which specializes in making you feel fresh despite the activity that you are engage. It is often a disadvantage when you sweat so much because of the uncomfortable smell. Safeguard is known to provide protection from germs but I find it too strong.

This soap has remained its old trademark packaging in dark green color. Although the bar itself has a lighter shade of green, the old concept has been the same for years. While looking at this soap, it feels too antique for me. Too old and I always associate it with my dad or grandfather. I am particular about smell when I am using a soap. It is important for me because it helps you feel energize, it gives that immediate smell to your body right after you bathe and it makes you feel good. This soap has low aroma when it comes to its smell. I do not experience the influence of its smell inside my bathroom when I take a bath. I want a soap to be overly strong in terms of smell. You have to move your nose closer to take a sample of its aroma. I even have to leave it in an open soap case and my lavatory is enclosed and still it cannot give off smell. Unlike ...

• Irish Spring Original Deodorant Soap
      Olay or Dove which provides lasting smell, this product does not. And after you take a bath, you cannot sense the fresh feeling that you expect.

Another reason why I was not really happy with this soap is its lack of moisturizing contents. The reason why I use Safeguard exclusively for the hands, my pits and my feet is to purposely wash away germs and thats it. I do not use it in my body because I find it too harsh. I experience dryness in my skin. The same experience with Irish Spring. The soap leaves you clean but after fifteen minutes, you experience dryness. I would

have wanted it to have at least a small amount of moisturizers. In that way, this can help men with its active lifestyle.

Though it lacks moisturizer and long lasting smell, this has good anti-bacterial properties. This soap has “triclocarban” which is the main active ingredient for skin germs protection. What I like is they chose the perfect ingredient to support their claim that this is deodorizing. Triclocarban is a potent ingredient that is direct, effective and strong in killing germs which causes body odor and other skin problems relating to germs. This is just the simple benefit you get from the soap–plainly anti-bacterial. Thus, for me it is similar to Safeguard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111111327480830/k2311a1111/11.11.10