Lean Pockets Whole Grain Chicken, Broccoli & Reduced Fat Cheddar
  • The chicken seemed to be cooked well and it had a bit of a grilled flavor to it that I found pleasant
  • Unfortunately, what was sharing space with the chicken on the inside of the Lean Pocket was not nearly as delectable
  • I don't think they're worth the amount of money I paid for them in their current state
  • I did enjoy the crust and the chicken, as well as the cheddar cheese, to a limited extent, so I'm still going to rate the product a 5 , but it's not something that I was very impressed with

• by CirclingCanvas

Lean Pockets Whole Grain Chicken, Broccoli & Reduced Fat Cheddar is a frozen food product that retails for one dollar and ninety-nine cents. Two come in a package. This Lean Pockets product was enjoyable to an extent, but I feel it could have been much tastier. First of all, let me say that if you have the time and the patience, bake a Lean Pocket in the oven as opposed to using a microwave. You’ll find that the Lean Pocket will come out tasting crispier and the contents of the Lean Pocket will be hotter and more evenly heated. Cooking a Lean Pocket in the oven as opposed to using the microwave does make a noticeable difference and as a

result, the Lean Pocket is more enjoyable to eat.

I liked eating this Lean Pocket because it had a crispy, tasty crust. The crust had a freshly baked texture and flavor to it as opposed to something that had been frozen, even though it has been. Inside, there’s pieces of chicken. Although I did dislike the fact that the chicken was cut up into very small pieces, I did like that the chicken was tender and tasty. The chicken seemed to be cooked well and it had a bit of a grilled flavor to it that I found pleasant. Unfortunately, what was sharing space with the chicken on the inside of the Lean Pocket was not nearly as delectable. Despite being ...

• cooked in the oven for around a half of an hour, the cheese failed to melt completely. Some of the cheddar cheese did indeed melt down, but some of the cheddar cheese was still in unappetizing globs. The cheddar cheese that did melt seemed kind of thin and easily dripped where I was biting into the Lean Pocket. On the upside, the cheddar cheese had a decent flavor, at least. The broccoli however was devoid of taste and not surprisingly not at all crispy. After all, with the cheddar cheese being so runny, how could it possibly maintain any of its crispiness?

The Lean Pockets Whole Grain Chicken, Broccoli & Reduced Fat Cheddar could stand more than a little improvement.

The cheddar cheese needs to be thicker. The broccoli needs to actually taste like something rather than merely giving me something to chew on. It would be nice if the chicken pieces were bigger too. If these improvements were made, I wouldn’t mind spending thirty cents or so more for this frozen food product. Until such changes are implemented though, I’ll probably stay away from these Lean Pockets. I don’t think they’re worth the amount of money I paid for them in their current state. I did enjoy the crust and the chicken, as well as the cheddar cheese, to a limited extent, so I’m still going to rate the product a “5″, but it’s not something that I was very impressed with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711111327380830/k2311a1111/11.11.10