Virgie’s Caramel Tarts  » Food  »
  • What I like about these caramel tarts is that they have a very sweet and real caramel taste and they have meringues on top of them
  • The only problem was that it was too sweet and it’s really forbidden for diabetics and for those who have high sugar I suggest you only eat one piece maximum
  • The only thing I noticed was it’s sweetness, and it’s not great for people who doesn’t like really sweet stuff, and for those who are diabetics

• by gt

Whenever my family goes to the province they always bring back lots of snacks like mango tarts, sans rivals, egg tarts, and caramel tarts. My favorite provincial caramel tarts are the ones from Virgie’s from Bacolod City and they are very tasty and very affordable. They come in a small and big pack and they are just great for giving them to friends and relatives when you get back to the city.

Of course, don’t expect

a high-class tart as these ones are just made locally. What I like about these caramel tarts is that they have a very sweet and real caramel taste and they have meringues on top of them. They are shaped elongatedly and have a banana-like appearance about 3-3.5 inches per tart. It is very tasty and I usually eat about 3 to 4 of this stuff for snacks. The only problem was that it was too ...

• sweet and it’s really forbidden for diabetics and for those who have high sugar I suggest you only eat one piece maximum.

The taste is very fresh and the caramel-laden tart is very soft and chewy, but the crust is strong and the whole tart doesn’t break into pieces when you bite the tart into bits, unlike the other tarts which the crusts just fly all over the table and floor, no this tart is

very solid and it’s baked perfectly to a crusty, caramel-like treat.

I would always give this to friends and relatives when I vacation in that province and it’s a very tasty treat and it’s really affordable too. The only thing I noticed was it’s sweetness, and it’s not great for people who doesn’t like really sweet stuff, and for those who are diabetics. But for those with a sweet tooth, I’m sure you will love this native delicacy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711111327310730/k2311a1111/11.11.10