Beauty Secret Top Coat  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I find this very convenient as I can put on the top coat really quickly in one go as the giant brush size seems to cover my whole nail at once, and my nails aren’t tiny, they are normal adult sized
  • Unfortunately though, I don’t really like the top coat itself very much
  • This top coat is definitely not for people who like quick manicures and likes theirs to last for a long time (which is everybody who is reading this I guess)

• by shanjucool

I am an avid nail polish fan and paint my nails once a week at the very least. Without nail polish on, I feel rather incomplete. When my nails chip, I feel devasted and feel the need to do my nails over again. So a good top coat is very essential to me for longer lasting nails and to make my at-home mani look professional and healthy. Since I paint my nails a lot, I also need a top coat that can last a long time as I hate going out to buy thing again and again. Hence, I bought this top coat

to try out.

First of all, this top coat bottle is huge. It is almost like a Christmas ornament. It looks pretty cool actually. It fits right into the palm of my hand due to its cute round shape. I really like the bottle design. Secondly, the brush that this comes with is also huge. It is larger than most nail polish brushes out there. I find this very convenient as I can put on the top coat really quickly in one go as the giant brush size seems to cover my whole nail at once, and my nails aren’t tiny, they are normal adult sized. So I was very pleased with this feature.

Unfortunately though, I don’t really like the top coat itself very much. It is the runny watery kind, so it can drip and make a mess easily. If I don’t clean off the excess on the brush into the bottle, the top coat can get everywhere, and though it is easy to clean up, it is annoying. Also, since the top coat is runny, it tends to slide off my nails itself, or at least just drip, which is also annoying as it can end up on my clothes. It also tends to take forever to ...

• Beauty Secret Top Coat
      dry up and I need extra help, like a drying spray of quick dry drops or something to help dry the polish fast. Also, the top coat tends to curl up when wet, which also makes my polish curl up. It is also not very long lasting as my nail polish chips even more now than if I used the nail polish without any top coat.

Overall, I’m not really liking this top coat very much but I will continue using it until it finishes as I don’t want to waste it. But I will probably have to keep buying additional drying aids to

help dry this top coat as it takes a long time. This top coat is definitely not for people who like quick manicures and likes theirs to last for a long time (which is everybody who is reading this I guess). I didn’t lose a lot of money though, I got this at Sally’s Beauty Supply for under $10 including tax, so I won’t complain very much about that. ). I wish this top coat worked out for me as I really do like the size but the formula of the top coat itself is not very good. If you liked this review, please vote.

Karen Sangl says :

I also bought this top coat, thinking that I was getting a great deal. So far, I`ve been pretty disappointed. It doesn`t dry completely and I`ve noticed that when I use it over blue or green nail polish, it yellows. Not pretty and highly annoying. So, I`m going to find other uses for it, rather than use it on my nails.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111111327260730/k2311a1111/11.11.10