St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead control Apricot Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • Despite knowing of this scrub and how it is a cult favourite, I never bothered checking it out until now
  • I found this at Wal-Mart, a whole shelf of it, and I thought why not as it is pretty cheap at only $3.77 per tube
  • It is easy to hold and convenient packaging
  • The problem would be when the scrub is almost out and I can’t squeeze anymore out when I know that that is some more product left in there
  • I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin and anyone who can stand abrasive scrubbing action

• by shanjucool

This is one of the most famous facial exfoliators or scrubs out there in the market and it is famous for the reason that it truly works. I am very acne prone even though I am past my teenage years and into my early twenties now. Yet, I still get pimples around my face and it is very annoying. I have oily combination skin where my T-zone is the very oily but my cheeks are very dry. So I get blackheads and pimples mostly around my forehead, nose and chin. Despite knowing of this scrub and how it is a cult favourite, I never bothered checking it out until now. I found this at Wal-Mart, a whole shelf of it, and I thought why not as it is pretty cheap at only $3.77 per tube. I thought I should give it a try and figure out for myself if it is indeed as good as many people say it is.

This scrub comes in a medium sized tube. It is easy to hold and

convenient packaging. The scrub is easy to access as I only have to squeeze the tube to get some out. The problem would be when the scrub is almost out and I can’t squeeze anymore out when I know that that is some more product left in there. But since it is so cheap, I guess it won’t bother me too much to throw the tube out. The scrub itself is a light peachy colour. I guess it is like a very faint milky apricot orange colour. The scrub contains all these tiny granule like substances, which I am guessing is the crushed walnut included in this scrub and is the main ingredient meant for scrubbing. The grains are pretty hard and do not melt. They are meant to be washed off.

To use this scrub, I squeeze a generous amount onto my hands. I apply this to a wet face in the shower when my face is rather warm and my pores are already open. I then rub this scrub all over ...

• my face, neck and back area. I do rub quite vigorously as I like the feeling of the grains against my skin and I feel clean as they work to get the dead skin cells off my face. It is also not the most gentlest scrub as the grains do not melt, so you can keep rubbing until you are satisfied and they won’t disappear, but you can over rub, so it is necessary to be wary of that. I then wash off the remnants on my face and immediately feel a cool clean feeling on my face, like my pores are able to breathe again. I use this before cleanser. I cleanse my face after exfoliating in order to get rid of the rest of the dead skin cells that might be left. I do use a gentle cleanser though as this scrub is already quite harsh and I don’t want to rip the skin off my face.

I absolutely love this scrub and have actually bought a second one since then

as this really works on my face. I use this two to three times a week and noticed a good amount of reduction on the number of pimples I get, and the acne scars left behind by previous pimples have also considerably faded, and I must add, they faded faster than they would if I simply did nothing. So this is now one of my holy grail items that must always be in my house and my shower. It is simply one of the best scrubs out there.

Overall, I am very impressed with this product and will keep buying it again and again forever. I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin and anyone who can stand abrasive scrubbing action. This may not be for sensitive skin types though as it is a little harsh. But for me, this is one of the few products that actually helped my condition vastly and I will continue using this for as long as I need to. If you liked this review, please vote.

St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead control Apricot Scrub

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111111327220730/k2311a1111/11.11.10