CVS Beauty Bars Sensitive Skin 2-Pack  » Health  »
  • I have always been a fan of Dove products, and one of the products I like to use sometimes in the winter is their sensitive skin formula bars
  • The last time I shopped at CVS, I noticed they had a house brand product that looked to be a copy cat version of Dove’s sensitive bars
  • It was on sale, so I thought I would give it a try
  • I think for its worth in that area, I can safely say it is a very good product for sensitive skinned folks
  • Since I got the soap on sale, I definitely got my money’s worth– but if faced with the decision between the Dove brand and the CVS at regular price, I would still buy the Dove

• by reviewabit

I have always been a fan of Dove products, and one of the products I like to use sometimes in the winter is their sensitive skin formula bars. The last time I shopped at CVS, I noticed they had a house brand product that looked to be a copy cat version of Dove’s sensitive bars. It was on sale, so I thought I would give it a try. I was a little skeptical that they could make a bar that was anywhere near as good as the Dove product I had come to trust.

However, the ingredients list looked pretty similar and the price decided for me that it was worth the risk. I didn’t open the bars right away, as

I already had some soaps I was using, but I got around to trying it about a month later. I opened the package and the first thing I noticed was that it did not smell like the Dove product.

That may sound odd as both of these products are supposedly unscented, but even unscented products have their own faint sort of smell– and the Dove sensitive, although unscented, still smelled like a Dove bar. Well, more or less like a Dove bar from miles away or something. I told myself not to be silly, it was not made by Dove so of course it would not smell the same.

I used the bar in the shower, and found that the lather ...

• was not quite as rich as the Dove. This CVS bar did have its merits– it did not irritate my skin at all. In that alone it had lived up to its promise.

It was “more unscented” than the Dove unscented. So if you were really, really sensitive to smells, you might like this CVS clone better than the original. After using an entire bar, I can say that it performed well.

My skin felt great when I used it. It cleansed well, was very gentle, and caused no irritation. I think for its worth in that area, I can safely say it is a very good product for sensitive skinned folks.

It is slightly less expensive than it’s branded

competitor, but not a lot. CVS is odd in that their generics and store brands, unless they are on sale, don’t really save you all that much. Since I got the soap on sale, I definitely got my money’s worth– but if faced with the decision between the Dove brand and the CVS at regular price, I would still buy the Dove.

For a few pennies saved, I can have a superior, rich lather from the Dove. I think if they ever decided to lower their prices a bit, the CVS Dove-clone would be a great selling product, if people just knew about it. The lather just needs a bit of improving.

I will probably stick to my old favorite in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411111327200730/k2311a1111/11.11.10