Murine Ear Wax Removal System
1.0
  • I didn’t really want to pay for a doctor’s visit if this was something simple I could fix myself, so I bought this Murine Wax Removal Kit at the store to see if I could rid myself of the wax
  • The doctor told me that he did not really recommend over the counter ear wax kits
  • The next time I think I have a wax problem, I’m going straight to the doctor, not the drugstore

• by reviewabit

When I developed some weird squishy noises in my left ear when I touched it, and a slight hearing loss, everyone told me I must have a wax build up in my ear. I didn’t really want to pay for a doctor’s visit if this was something simple I could fix myself, so I bought this Murine Wax Removal Kit at the store to see if I could rid myself of the wax. After using as the directions stated for two consecutive nights with no change, I gave up and decided I would just make the doctor’s appointment.

I had convinced myself it was not wax after all and was obviously something more serious. The next morning

I woke up and the hearing was even worse in that ear, and the ear felt completely blocked.

I was hearing weird noises from that ear and even felt a little dizzy. Alarmed, I called and asked for an emergency appointment.

The doctor who saw me took one look in the ear and said “It’s wax. ” I explained that I had used a wax remover kit, and he just sort of laughed and said that he’d seen this happen before.

He believed that the wax remover kit was not sufficient to remove the ball of wax that was plastered to my ear drum and causing all my symptoms. What it did do was to soften ...

• and swell the wax, making the symptoms worse.

He used an instrument to pluck out the wax ball and I had instant relief and all my hearing back! I was a little embarrassed, but relieved that I was not going to go deaf from some horrible ear disease. The doctor told me that he did not really recommend over the counter ear wax kits.

He said they could actually cause more serious problems if not used by a professional, and especially if the person did not have wax at all but something else was wrong with their ears, and they had just assumed it was wax. (Which is what I did, basically!) I told

him not to worry, I was never going to use one again because of the anxiety it caused me!

All I can say about the product is that it did not work for me at all.

I had wax, and all it did was make the symptoms worse, and send me into a frenzy thinking I had something seriously wrong. It could be that my wax was just too big for an over the counter product to handle.

The next time I think I have a wax problem, I’m going straight to the doctor, not the drugstore. I would not recommend this kit to anyone who was not really, really sure of what they were doing.

Murine Ear Wax Removal System

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411111327180730/k2311a1111/11.11.10