Mack’s Safe Sound Soft Foam Earplugs 10 pair
  • I bought a box of these for such occasions
  • The only problem was, they locked me inside my own head with my case of musician’s tinnitus– which is mild under normal circumstances, but maddening with ear plugs in
  • They didn’t stay out long, because I found the snoring much more annoying than the ringing
  • I think the box of ten pairs will probably last a very long time, as each pair can be used several times
  • I would like to recommend these on the basis that they do block out noise very effectively, but for me they were just a bit uncomfortable to wear more than a couple of hours at a time because of the size

• by reviewabit

Normally I use white noise or soft music and nature sounds to help me sleep every night. This works pretty well unless there is something specifically noisy going on, like having a loud snorer visit the house overnight, or the neighbors deciding to have a party. That kind of noise is no match for nature sounds and sleepy music. I bought a box of these for such occasions.

The clerk at the store recommended the brand, saying that they “sold the most. ” I put them to the test the last time we had

a snoring guest. I found them a little large for my ears.

Once they expanded fully, they felt a little tight and uncomfortable. After wearing them for a couple of hours I guess I got used to the feeling of them, and went to sleep. They did actually do a great job of blocking out the noise.

The only problem was, they locked me inside my own head with my case of musician’s tinnitus– which is mild under normal circumstances, but maddening with ear plugs in. I had no idea they would affect me

this way, or I might not have bought them. When the high pitched ringing started to bug me, I took them out.

They didn’t stay out long, because I found the snoring much more annoying than the ringing. It was a tough choice to make. As I tried to sleep with the plugs in, I was awakened several times with the sensation of something throbbing in my ears, and I was forced to take the ear plugs out temporarily to relieve this.

I think they may have too large for me. I have ...

• Mack's Safe Sound Soft Foam Earplugs 10 pair
      used them on several occasions that did not involve sleeping– like blocking out the noise of a busy doctor’s waiting room so that I could read. They seemed to work better for me under these circumstances.

I think the box of ten pairs will probably last a very long time, as each pair can be used several times. I would like to recommend these on the basis that they do block out noise very effectively, but for me they were just a bit uncomfortable to wear more than a couple of hours at a

time because of the size. If and when I purchase another set of ear plugs, I will probably look for a slightly smaller size.

I suppose if you have large ears, these would be best as the smaller ones might not block noise as well if they were too small for your ears. For some reason, it just never occurred to me that my ears might be smaller or larger than anyone else’s. I think for most people they are probably a really good product.

I just had mixed feelings about them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411111327170730/k2311a1111/11.11.10