Halls Sugar Free Mountain Menthol Mentho Lyptus Cough Drops  » Medicine  »
  • One packet that I bought was the Halls Sugar Free Mountain Mentho Lyptus Cough Drops
  • Since I was coughing so horribly and sporadically I decided to pop one in my mouth immediately
  • I noticed that these were the kind of cough drops that I would have to pop in one after the other
  • I think that these cough drops form Halls are okay

• by adrean_j

Feeling under the weather can start to take its toll on me. I have been feeling pretty badly lately and have had a severe cough that I just couldn’t get rid of. I purchased a couple of packs of cough drops to suck on so that I could relieve some of the coughs. One packet that I bought was the Halls Sugar Free Mountain Mentho Lyptus Cough Drops. I got a bag of these drops for 3.99 and it included 70 cough drops. Since I was coughing so horribly and sporadically I decided to pop one in my mouth immediately. I expected this cough drop to have a specific flavor and it did but it didn’t. I

felt that it was a little more mint than menthol like. I also felt that it was a little bitter. This may be due to the fact that it is sugar free. The drop was soothing in my mouth and helped the cough a little bit upon putting it in my mouth. I expected the cough to stop instantaneously, but it did not. I was still coughing, but the cough was becoming more subtle.

After sucking the first drop, my throat was soothed more than anything. My throat hadn’t been hurting, but it was very itchy and dry feeling. When I sucked on this drop, it made my throat feel normal again, which I didn’t really expect. I was able to ...

• swallow without almost choking, and that helped a lot through out the day. The halls would take about 15 minutes to fully dissolve and I felt it took my cough down from a ten to about a 5. I still had a horrible burning sensation when I was coughing and still felt like the coughs were coming to frequently. I popped another drop in my mouth and it seemed to help a little bit more. I noticed that these were the kind of cough drops that I would have to pop in one after the other. I didn’t like the idea of this, but was willing to do anything. Because of the Mentho Lyptus in these cough drops they are also
        perfect for a hot cup of tea. It is just what I need to knock out some of the pain in my chest. After taking these all day, I felt a little relief by bedtime.

I think that these cough drops form Halls are okay. I don’t feel that they are anything special or anything to rant and rave about. They helped suppress the cough and helped ease my throat. I don’t prefer it to many other cough drops I have used and probably wouldn’t purchase them again only because I have tried much better. They leave a weird after taste in my mouth and that is another reason I wouldn’t buy them. It is annoying to keep sucking on that same flavor all day.

Patrick says :

Can taking a halls to fast harm your body, i just took one and it was about 2 months old but well wraped but when i took it it was a little gummy so i chewed and swallowed it quickly.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi Patrick, no chewing one or two cough drops quickly isn’t likely to harm you. However, it wont be effective to help a sore throat or cough because the medicine was not given time to dissolve as it meant too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2611111326990730/k2311a1111/11.11.10