SAS Survival Guide by John Wiseman, book  » Books  »
  • What I found when flipping through Wiseman’s work was a comprehensive, well illustrated and interesting read that would do well for anyone interested in a decent survival guide, even if just for fun
  • Overall I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a book full of good information or just something to look through to kill a little time

• by Ryan Carter

I purchased this book as much for fun as for knowledge. What I found when flipping through Wiseman’s work was a comprehensive, well illustrated and interesting read that would do well for anyone interested in a decent survival guide, even if just for fun. I’m an outdoor enthusiast, and a fan of survival shows and weekend excursions. And, while

I wouldn’t want to put my life on the line with a book as my primary guide, the “SAS Survival Handbook” brought some new ideas and some good pointers to my attention.

The illustrations are fun, as is the advice that is given. I didn’t feel like I was reading a manual filled with statistics and over the top claims. I felt that the advice given encompassed all of the things I would have an interest in, as well as providing good tips and advice. It may be military based, but it wasn’t written in such a tone, nor did it explain things in a way that made me feel like a child.

While there would probably never be any ...

• SAS Survival Guide by John Wiseman, book
      reason for me to need most of the advice that is presented, there is some highly valuable information on foot care, packing guides and water gathering for a worst case scenario. My only complaint was some of the illustrations, particularly of plants, would have been better accompanied by real pictures to help me see what the leafs actually look
      like. I also thought some of the portions on hunting, particularly for bear, were humorous and would caution anyone who reads this to leave such an attempt to those with rifles versus digging a pit fall.

Overall I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a book full of good information or just something to look through to kill a little time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1711111326780730/k2311a1111/11.11.10