Advil Sinus and Congestion Relief  » Medicine  »
  • I have noticed lately that many different medicinal companies are really trying to out do each other
  • I decided to purchase this medicine for my boyfriend as he was having some really bad sinus issues
  • He took the medicine for about a week before the problem cleared up
  • We would recommend this to anyone who has trouble with severe allergy problems

• by webgirl40

I have noticed lately that many different medicinal companies are really trying to out do each other. I guess they all want to create products that do what every other product does only supposedly better. I have noticed lately that Advil is one of these companies that is getting quite bad about that. I have used Advil many times for headaches and general body aches but until just recently I had no idea that they made a medicine for sinus congestion.

Advil Congestion Relief says that it will relieve sinus pressure, nasal swelling, congestion and headaches associated with sinus and allergy problems. I decided to purchase

this medicine for my boyfriend as he was having some really bad sinus issues. We had tried several other medicines but none of them really seem to work. He has used Advil before but was a bit skeptical about this product. However he was desperate for some sort of relief because he was miserable.

We paid about $8.00 for a small 20 ct box of this stuff just to try. While that is a little on the expensive side, if it worked it would be cheaper then a trip to the doctor’s office and the inevitable prescription. I got it home and gave him the recommended dose then ...

• all we could do it wait and see it it worked. It was about 20 minutes in when he reported to me that his sinus headache was gone and his nasal passages did not feel near as congested or as swollen as they were. Fast forward and hour later and my congested, headache plagued, irritated boyfriend was able to breathe, his headache gone and he was happier then he had been in days. He actually ended up falling asleep for a few hours. He really needed the sleep because the congestion had not been allowing him to sleep well the last few days.

He took the medicine for about a

week before the problem cleared up. We had to buy another box, but to us it was completely with it. My boyfriend now insists that I keep this medicine around for him. He says that the next time that he starts to feel his sinus acting up he is going to take the medicine that way he does not have to suffer as much. Overall we are really pleased with the way that it turned out. We would recommend this to anyone who has trouble with severe allergy problems. I will not cure them to be sure but ti will at least make the situation bearable and the body more functional.

judy says :

can this OTC preparation be used if i`m also taking benicar for my blood pressure?

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, because most decongestants contain alcohol which can effect your blood pressure I would not recommend taking this until you have spoken to your doctor. He or she will be able to tell you with certainty whether or not this product is safe for your use. Until then I recommend using steam and vapor rub to help clear congestion until you have spoken with your doctor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2611111326640630/k2311a1111/11.11.10