Lancome Le Rouge Absolu Lipstick in Amande Sucree  » Cosmetics  »
  • Wow, now that I know that, I will really appreciate it, savor it, and enjoy it all I can
  • This shade Amande Sucree is a really interesting color
  • But I think that women who like contemporary shades will be drawn to this lipstick and its dark aura
  • To sum everything up, this is a hot lipstick color, and I would recommend it

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I got this Lancome lipstick as a bonus item that was part of a gift with a purchase. Lucky for me, too, because this lipstick costs $26! Wow, now that I know that, I will really appreciate it, savor it, and enjoy it all I can. And I’ll try not to use it up too quickly! Because I would never spend that much money for a single tube of lipstick, unless I was getting a gift with my purchase. I am surprised that Lancome included this one in the bonus, considering that they have less expensive lipsticks. They could have put one of those in the bonus instead.

This shade Amande Sucree is a really interesting color. I’m guessing that it’s French for “sugared almond.” And this color does look something like toasted

almond, or maybe a metallic taupe. The metallic formula here is very strong, so you really get a full-on shimmering frost on your lips. I guess that’s where the “sugared” part comes in. The backdrop color is that smoky taupe-brown. It may be a little too brownish looking for my fair complexion, but it has a certain mystique that makes it sexy. It makes me think of dim lighting in a romantic, candle-lit restaurant.

The smoky look of this lipstick may turn off women who like the traditional lipstick shades of pink, coral, and red. But I think that women who like contemporary shades will be drawn to this lipstick and its dark aura. Mind you, it is not a dark lipstick, but the smoky brown pigmentation is pretty strongly visible underneath the ...

• frosty sheen.

I would say this shade has a hip, urban vibe to it. Young working women in their twenties and thirties might want to wear it if they are going to Happy Hour with their co-workers or night-clubbing. But I have a hard time recommending this lipstick in Amande Sucree, because it is so expensive. I’m not sure if young working women would want to shell out $26 for a lipstick, unless they are getting a gift with the purchase. (At least that is how I personally feel about it.) It is a nice, smooth lipstick that also features SPF 15. So that is a good feature for women who are always involved in outdoor activities like bike-riding, going on nature walks, or attending fairs.

I guess you could get away with wearing

this lipstick if you are wearing the smoky-eyed look (playing up your eyes with dramatic eye make-up), since the lipstick itself is also smoky looking. And because it is not a bright lipstick or a dark chocolate brown lipstick, it will not take any attention away from your eyes. (Although you may think differently after you put it on and you see the strong silvery sheen on your lips.)

To sum everything up, this is a hot lipstick color, and I would recommend it. It’s not a shade that you see everywhere. But because it is so expensive, I will leave it up to you to decide whether you can afford it. If you can, then you may want to try it on in the store first to see if the taupe-brown pigmentation compliments your complexion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111111326300630/k2311a1111/11.11.10