NARS Lip Gloss in Pillow Talk  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately, Bloomies doesn't carry NARS anymore, so now I have to go to Sephora or Lord & Taylor's if I want to shop for NARS products
  • I don't like these mini lip glosses that are given as bonuses
  • I know it's only a sample size, but still, I shouldn't run out of it THAT fast
  • It is opaque, so it doesn't have any shimmer, but I don't think it needs it
  • If you want to save some money, then I recommend that you go on the NARS website and take a look at their lip sets

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I got this NARS mini lip gloss in Pillow Talk as a free gift when I made a purchase at the NARS counter in Bloomingdale’s. Unfortunately, Bloomies doesn’t carry NARS anymore, so now I have to go to Sephora or Lord & Taylor’s if I want to shop for NARS products. I don’t like these mini lip glosses that are given as bonuses. You really don’t get much gloss in these tiny tubes, and I find myself running out of the gloss by the second or third time I put it on! I know it’s only a sample size, but still, I shouldn’t run out of it THAT fast. It’s really more of a “teaser” size. It just gives you a taste of it, and then you run out and it makes you want more.

The name Pillow Talk

doesn’t give you an idea of what the shade is like. That’s the way it is with most of NARS’ products. They have sexy, seductive names that don’t address the specifics of the colors. You just have to look at the shades in the store. But I do like this shade Pillow Talk. In the tube, it looks like a plum color. When I put it on my lips, it looks like a bubble-gum pink. It is opaque, so it doesn’t have any shimmer, but I don’t think it needs it. It is pretty just the way it is. It shows up very nicely on my face, because it’s not too pale but it’s not too bright either. It has enough pigmentation to be worn alone, and it looks very lovely and feminine. But I think it would ...

• also look great if you stroke it over pale pink lipstick. It will bring the lipstick to life. Some pale pink lipsticks look dull and washed out, so they need a top coat of rosy lip gloss. You could also layer this Pillow Talk shade over a raspberry lipstick, but I wouldn’t put much. You don’t want to overdo it. I would only put a dab of the gloss on top.

It is hard for me to recommend this NARS lip gloss, because it is so expensive ($24). I would recommend the Pillow Talk shade for the shine and the color. If you are a lady who loves pink lipsticks and lip glosses, then you will love Pillow Talk. If you can afford to pay that high price and you have never tried any NARS products before, then you

may want to check out their products in the store and see if Pillow Talk appeals to you. I think it is just the right shade of pink, so you can’t go wrong with it. It is a very sweet color, and I actually like it better than NARS’ famous Orgasm shade, which is their most popular one. The Orgasm pink color is so soft that I can barely see it on my lips, whereas Pillow Talk has a nice juicy pink hue.

If you want to save some money, then I recommend that you go on the NARS website and take a look at their lip sets. Maybe Pillow Talk is included in one of them. That way you can try several of NARS’ lip gloss colors for a special price, rather than spending $24 for one single tube.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111111326290630/k2311a1111/11.11.10