Centre Medical des Nations (Nations Medical Center)
Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, 127, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
  • I was happy though that I got an appointment rather quickly
  • Altogether, this is a medical center which I would not hesitate to recommend should you need ophthalmic services while in Brussels

• by bethbarl

The first time I went to this medical center was in April 2009 for annual eye check ups for the whole family. I went back yesterday basically for my daughter whose eyes are giving her problems (they are painful, irritated and sometimes get red). I also made appointments (tel.02 6605688) for myself and my other child since we all have not been to an ophthalmologist since more than a year now.

This medical center is not the nearest to my house and is on a very busy avenue – Franklin Roosevelt. To get there, you have to take tram 25, get off at Marie Josee or Bresil stop, walk a bit and cross the avenue (Roosevelt is parallel to the tram line). There is also a bus which

crosses the avenue but it will still involve a lot of walking. I got there through the easiest means – the taxi.

The center hosts various specialized services such as a pediatrics,radiology, dermatology, gynecology, dentistry, neurology and internal medicine, among others. There is also the Ophthalmology center which is dedicated to eye diseases and conditions.

The Accueil (reception) is on the ground floor on your right so it is best to ask which practitioner you are seeing before wandering around (there is a lift though) as the building has at least 4 floors (the ophthalmologist is on the first floor on your left). If you also need to make subsequent appointments, it is best to do it on the spot as calling for one can take time (either all lines are ...

• busy or it is a lunch break). I was happy though that I got an appointment rather quickly. The only limiting factor is that the doctor I am seeing receives patients at this Center only on Tuesdays.

The equipment they have in this Center seems to be up to date and the examination rooms are clean. Each medical service has its own waiting room and I find that they are adequate for at least up to 4-5 patients waiting for their turn at one time. More than this number, you might find yourself waiting in the corridor.

I appreciated it though that when I arrived early, the ophthalmologist immediately attended to my daughter (the scheduled patient was late) so there was not really a long wait for our turns. What is important

to me is that the doctor (Dr. Willermain) seems to be competent and did a thorough examination of my daughter’s condition with appropriate follow-up tests to determine if indeed, her vision needs correction. This doctor also speaks English so you don’t have to worry if your French is not so good.

Altogether, this is a medical center which I would not hesitate to recommend should you need ophthalmic services while in Brussels. The center which although a bit out of the way from where I live, provides nearly a comprehensive range of private, medical services. It has proper, up to date equipment, you can get an appointment within 2 weeks (extreme cases up to a month of waiting time) and the consultation fees are reasonable (about €50 per visit).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2611111326220630/k2311a1111/11.11.10