(Brussels) Taxis Autolux  » General services  »
Brussels, Belgium
  • The only problem was I could not take a taxi to return back home since it was peak hours
  • To those who have to go to Brussels airport, the company offers interesting rates as well (20% discount if you use their return service)
  • The flag rate is about € 2,60 and I paid a total amount of €13,80 to move from Auderghem to Avenue F

• by bethbarl

I used Taxis Autolux yesterday to get to the Nations Medical Center. This is a taxi company which was recommended by a friend who has been living here in Brussels for the last 10 years. It seems to me that it is a reliable taxi service as I booked one a week ago for Brussels airport for friends who stayed with us overnight on their way to Marrakesh, Morocco. The taxi was needed at 5:10 a.m. and sure enough, the driver rang the front door promptly. My friends did not miss their flight.

I was encouraged by this positive sign to use their service when I went for my

medical appointment yesterday. I phoned in advance (2 hours before) to make sure that I will get the taxi on time. Only, there was a lot of confusion about the time. I clearly said to the driver that I need a taxi at 4:45 p.m. but he understood me wrongly and sent the taxi at 3:15 p.m.

Anyway, I reconfirmed the dispatch order and I was impressed again with their punctuality. The taxi was a small Ford Focus but it was enough to accommodate the 3 of us. It was also clean with a heater at full blast and properly equipped with a GPS. I was initially apprehensive that the driver would not know the way as he started asking me where the Medical Center is. But, he did and I arrived on time for my appointment. As an advise, it is better to make allowances for travel time as late in the afternoon is not a good time to move in Brussels because the streets are more than congested - they are suffocated with traffic in addition to the rainy, cold, slippery weather conditions. Even the driver was not spared from this as he kept sighing and complaining about the traffic.

The only problem was I could not take a taxi to return ...

• (Brussels) Taxis Autolux
      back home since it was peak hours. I actually waited a long time on the phone before someone picked up. Frankly, I don’t understand why it says that all lines are busy when I got the same person all the time which means that there is only 1 operator. When someone finally answered, I was told that there is no taxi available in the next 40 minutes which was frustrating. So if you plan on using the taxi, it is better to book a return trip especially during peak hours (between 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.) when everyone wants to go home at the same time. It is
      also possible to do online reservations at their website - www.taxisautolux.be. To those who have to go to Brussels airport, the company offers interesting rates as well (20% discount if you use their return service).

The flag rate is about € 2,60 and I paid a total amount of €13,80 to move from Auderghem to Avenue F. Roosevelt. This is a reasonable amount considering that it is a bit far about 15-20 minutes ride. I find the company reliable, prompt and charges reasonable rates. For these reasons, I am sure I will use their service again in the future or if I don’t find my way around in Brussels.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2511111326180630/k2311a1111/11.11.10